Normal round of Iron Gator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal round of Iron Gator?

Hey all, I have played 2 rounds on Iron Gator, one on US, one on Mec. Well the time I was U.S., I got my purple heart, the people in the ATK chopper on MEC got Gold and Silver, tons of kills, but U.S. still got the W. When I played Mec, I got onto the ship and started capping flags, our chopper kept theres down, and we handily won. I was just wondering whether the U.S. chopper ever survives long enough to actually make a contribution, because in my massive (lol) time on it, the U.S. chopper didnt do jack, even with the two great chopperees from the last round...

Re: Normal round of Iron Gator?

a lot of it depends on the seals apache. if they suck = game over. also when the mec hind is raping the flight deck, try not to spawn there. its also game over when the people flying the apache die and dont try to grab it again when it respawns. that usually leads to the mec getting both choppers. normally if you have a good apache, and a bunch of AT guys on the deck taking out incoming boats you win.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Thanks for the reply, like I said, I have only played 2 rounds on the map. The funny thing is, I only spawned on the deck about 4 times, the rest of my deaths from the choppers were down below, near a flag with an open area... I think 16 out of the 22 or so deaths I had were from the chopper... But we still got the W, and in the end thats whats important...right????

Comment

Originally posted by brianthebold
        ... But we still got the W, and in the end thats whats important...right????
        where have you been, dont you know that around here, all people seemed concerned about is POINTS

points and calling each other cheater, hacker,tk'er......... and showing off their e-penis (my e-penis is bigger than your e-penis therfore I am better at bf2 than you are)

CONGRATS ON THE WIN BTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger
          where have you been, dont you know that around here, all people seemed concerned about is POINTS

points and calling each other cheater, hacker,tk'er......... and showing off their e-penis (my e-penis is bigger than your e-penis therfore I am better at bf2 than you are)

CONGRATS ON THE WIN BTW!!!
          Hmm you must be mistaken, my e-penis is definetly bigger than yours, as I am bold....and I think you might be a hacker!!!!

(If anyone reading the above post was offended, you are a moron, and cant take a joke)

Comment

THe MEC chooper is more powerful and stronger but it can still be shot down by a above average pilot.

Comment

gator is one of those wierd maps

sometimes mec never gets on the ship cos they spawn too slow and the defanse is already in place or they dont work as a team and attack singularly and cant maintain the momentum

if they get on the ship and can maintain a bridge head then its one of the best maps in the entire game, its a terrific battle to and fro along those tight corridors and shotguns really come into there own

@ brianthebold......if you are stuck as mec and you see a squad leader on the ship then PLEASE join his squad then suicide and spawn on him asap

Comment

lso use the transport chopper as squad leader, but fly it around the edge of the map to start with.

Comment

There are a lot of strats and counterstrats to Iron Gator. It is my most played map. The key on it is always teamwork and correct kit choices to match what is going on. Don't let the enemy get a below deck flag and keep an eye out for that.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                    There are a lot of strats and counterstrats to Iron Gator. It is my most played map. The key on it is always teamwork and correct kit choices to match what is going on. Don't let the enemy get a below deck flag and keep an eye out for that.
                    definately, it is not one of those maps that you can just be assult lol.
                    Anti tank play a key roll attack and defending, aswell as timing with Apc when attack boat.

Comment

My typical round on that map is to watch my fps go from 80-90 to 20-30 once the fighting starts inside the carrier Nicely coded map I say lol. You would think that the FPS would go UP inside a building, nope, not BF2.

Comment

heh... I remember playing with you >FU< Rock.

You were the only person on the server who was giving me a run for my money for the Gold. >=P

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                          heh... I remember playing with you >FU< Rock.

You were the only person on the server who was giving me a run for my money for the Gold. >=P
                          Heh, I just responded that I remembered you in a different thread. I have added you as a buddy in my BF2 tracker now, look forward to running with you again. Good team players are hard to find.

Comment

i hate that map i allways get lost on the carrier

Comment

Working...
                            X