Installing 1.41 and keeping 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing 1.41 and keeping 1.4

Thought some people may want this, this is what they did during 1.4 beta.

Do what im doing so I can play on my fav servers then switch back and not support 1.41

Go into Program Files > EA GAMES > and make a copy of the "Battlefield 2" folder. When its all copyed change the name of "Battlefield 2" to "Battlefield 2 1.4 Patch" and then name the "Copy of Battlefield 2" to "Battlefield 2" Now patch it, and when you want to play BF2 on patch 1.4 name "Battlefield 2" to "Battlefield 2 1.41 Patch" and "Battlefield 2 1.4 Patch" to "Battlefield 2"

Hope that wasnt confusing

Re: Installing 1.41 and keeping 1.4

Originally posted by DesertFox
    Thought some people may want this, this is what they did during 1.4 beta.

Do what im doing so I can play on my fav servers then switch back and not support 1.41

Go into Program Files > EA GAMES > and make a copy of the "Battlefield 2" folder. When its all copyed change the name of "Battlefield 2" to "Battlefield 2 1.4 Patch" and then name the "Copy of Battlefield 2" to "Battlefield 2" Now patch it, and when you want to play BF2 on patch 1.4 name "Battlefield 2" to "Battlefield 2 1.41 Patch" and "Battlefield 2 1.4 Patch" to "Battlefield 2"

Hope that wasnt confusing
    Why would you do that when you can just download it and play your servers on 1.4 then when you feel ready open it up and install...

Comment

Some people are more happy trying to confuse the heck out of the very simple.
      Don't try and make a simple patch installation out to be as hard as building a space ship. Just follow the easy steps and enjoy someone elses bother. We get to enjoy it, let the bean counters worry over it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
        Why would you do that when you can just download it and play your servers on 1.4 then when you feel ready open it up and install...
        Why? Because EA is pissing me off, and I know lots of people are more then likely staying on 1.4. So I have both when I want to play on my fav server I played 1.41 when I want to play on say ProjectReality for now I can play using 1.4.

Comment

Yeah people are like retarded and waiting for an incremental 1.41 patch.

Comment

all i did INCASE of any 1.41 issues was to simply ghost my drive onto slave drive before i installed new patch, then if it cocks up, simply restore back. if ok then proceed as normal.

saves all this renaming and parallel install nonsense.

Comment

Working...
            X