After 18 months people still don't know how to command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 18 months people still don't know how to command

I'm still stunned at how many people don't know how to command. The most basic part of commanding is spotting but it's probably the least performed task by the majority of commanders out there. Most of them run around on the battlefield trying to be Rambo which does nothing for the team.

Look, if you are commanding, go hide somewhere, then scan often. Once you scan, right click on the place where you saw the red dots and choose "SPOT." Even when you don't do a scan you can right click anywhere on the map and choose SPOT. It will spot any enemy nearby. DO IT!

You have no idea how much this helps your team, especially people in jets and helos.

Re: After 18 months people still don't know how to command

Not too mention it increases your own score and you get to hear the taunt if your lucky.

Comment

It would be a help to the whole team if they also learned about a little toy called the UAV. So many people just sit there and dont spot or even use the UAV. You ask them and they just use it for themselves. That really frustrates me.

Comment

It gives me a headache every time the commander literally spams you for a solid hour with spot messages. They make it so I can't hear enemy taunts, gun fire, or even foot steps which just screws up my entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BDC
          It gives me a headache every time the commander literally spams you for a solid hour with spot messages. They make it so I can't hear enemy taunts, gun fire, or even foot steps which just screws up my entire game.

That's the wrong attitude imo...

If you have a commander that spots everything, you should be thankful.

But if he is just spotting places that have no people over and over, just to be a d***.. then I know what you're talking about.

Just live with the messages.. cause it will help you majorly..

I don't know about any of you, but being a jet whore, if I get a good commander, I get really high scores... hell.. even if i'm NOT in a jet, just groundpounding. That's where alot of the hack accusations come in.

Comment

after 18 months, I'm surprised people still waste all their time on Gulf of Oman.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by 2BDC
              Then do us commanders a favor, kill the guy we keep spotting and we won't spot him anymore. I want you to kill the guy, it does me no good to drop arty on him because I don't get points that way.

When I command, I am a spotting fool, I do anything and everything I can do to show you where the enemy is so you can kill him.

On a positive note, I have been thanked many times for spotting on the enemy chopper during a chopper fight. (which is really hard to do - btw) One time the enemy accused our chopper guys of hacking because I kept the enemy chopper spotted during the fight.

I hardly ever order squads around, they usually know where to go naturally and I support them on their way.

Comment

What taunt

Comment

Originally posted by Cromat
                  What taunt
                  It's in Mandarin, but I believe the literal translation is something to the tune of, "Yo' Mama's avatar wears combat pixels".

But don't quote me on that.

Comment

I've been playing off and on for about 18 months actually and I know how to command though I rather run around and kill people/take flags.

It's just funner for me... sure you get alot of points being commander but I always found it kind of boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahab~Ahab
                      I've been playing off and on for about 18 months actually and I know how to command though I rather run around and kill people/take flags.

It's just funner for me... sure you get alot of points being commander but I always found it kind of boring.
                      Yes it is quite boring, I'd rather be on the ground to. Its alot more exciting, and more fun.(somthing some people forget sometimes, remember the game is for fun).

Comment

Cromat, if you are in the BF2142 Vet program and in bf2 you spot a freshly killed guy, you'll hear a laugh instead of the spot

Comment

Remember, some people are still buying this game.

Comment

Originally posted by dfour
                            It would be a help to the whole team if they also learned about a little toy called the UAV. So many people just sit there and dont spot or even use the UAV.
                            I use the UAV. After a scan, and reading the actions of the squads on the map, I will provide the UAV to the appropriate area/squad.

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                            I'm still stunned at how many people don't know how to command. The most basic part of commanding is spotting but it's probably the least performed task by the majority of commanders out there.

Look, if you are commanding, go hide somewhere, then scan often. Once you scan, right click on the place where you saw the red dots and choose "SPOT." Even when you don't do a scan you can right click anywhere on the map and choose SPOT. It will spot any enemy nearby. DO IT!

You have no idea how much this helps your team, especially people in jets and helos.
                            I do. After a scan I will spot any relevant targets that may affect nearby squads, capping individuals, etc.

Supply boxes dropped first to squads needing it, then individuals, then to commander assets. I read each base and see if vehicles are needed and drop them. You won't be begging me for supplies and support on my watch. Only problem is, there are players higher ranked then me who win the Commander role, then simply use it for themselves, as I starve for ammo trying to defend bases against multiple armor.

Many see me getting frustrated in public chat saying "No supplies, no ammo, no f'ing defense!"

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like it when the commander tells me where the local enemies are. It's the spamming over and over again for the SAME that enemy gets annoying fast. I've seen commanders spot enemies in the UAV radius, don't tell me that's not stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X