Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps3

Something that ive wondered why bother brining out 2 conoles now when its revealed that you can upgrade the HDD without voiding the warrenty

One review from DailyTech

And another from Joystig

So what would be the difference in getting the 20gb cheaper model?

Re: Ps3

Originally posted by Scinto
    So what would be the difference in getting the 20gb cheaper model?
    Because the average ten year old wouldn't know how to manually upgrade a hard drive? <shrug> Easy money for Sony.

Comment

is it true it only costs 10 dollars to make? or is that a rumor

Comment

$10 to make what? The entire console? No, that's silly. In fact, they will actually be losing money initially simply due to the cost of adding the BlueRay technology.

Comment

oh ok i was going to say, but didnt they cut out a bunch of stuff to lower the prices? cuz it was originally like 800 lo

Comment

cool you can use PC hard drives in the PS3

Comment

not pc, laptop

Comment

PS3 is OVERPRICE imo, 599 and 499!!! thats ok there... but here they charge 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just cos the blu ray tech is not released here!

man, cant wait for the day the whole world is at the same stage, that will be the day, when everything extincts..

Comment

Sony has really screwed themselves on this one. The trend has tended to be the PS2 and XBox and then the 360 fighting for first and second place of the game market, with the Gamecube set firmly in third. I tell you, this PS3 debacle will put the Wii on top of the PS3.

1. It is far pricier than other consoles. Sony is trying to play it off as selling it as a personal computer. Don't make me laugh.
                  2. No dual shock. This may not be important to you, but this is important to me, damn it. Why would you knowingly violate a patent for such a great technology is beyond me.
                  3. 400,000 units are being shipped for Christmas. That's not a shortage, that's a famine of consoles. I could swear the 360 had more shipped. Further, the $599 models are a majority of the makeup for these 400,000 so people looking to buy the $499 model will have a bit more trouble.

The worst part is, I used to be in love with Sony. The Playstation 2 was the only next-gen console I bought; I stayed away from the XBox and the 360, as well as the Gamecube. I bought it back when they had the models with the crappy lens readers. And yet, I still stayed with Sony and bought the slimline. This devotion has just blown up in Sony fanboys' faces.

Comment

$760..... LOL's screw that I'm getting a Wii $320 is more my style

Comment

Working...
                    X