Disconnected after 5 - 20 minutes of play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnected after 5 - 20 minutes of play

I have searched and found MANY threads with similar issues. But I do not find any solutions or I find people that just say 'search the forums' and I just get and endless list of threads that say 'search the forums'

Can anyone point me to some possible fixes for disconnection problems? I have only had this issue since updating to 1.4. I did have this problem in 1.3. But it was the server that was crashing. This time it seems to be just me. I join a server, play with many people, then my video freezes and sound starts skipping for a couple seconds, then I'm disconnected.

I can rejoin the server just fine and it doesn't appear that the server was restarted (all scores in place and people still playing).

Any help or threads with help would be appreciated.

Re: Disconnected after 5 - 20 minutes of play

system specs?

Comment

AMD 4400 X2, Geforce 7800GT, 2GB PC3200, Raptor 10K drive. System seems fine. Game plays very smooth and no hiccups other than this.

Just all of a sudden i'm running or in a vehicle and just stops and says 'There is a problem with your connection' then eventually disconnects and says 'Connection to the server has been lost'. I reconnect fast and it's like nothing has happened. Bothersome though...

Comment

what os are you using?

Comment

Sorry, lost track of this post.

Windows XP Pro, SP2.

I've been trying everything and I found only ONE thing that works or works for a very long time. I have a batch file which scans for bf2.exe and sets it's affinity to one CPU core. Stops this from happening at least for a couple map rotations.

Question, anyone know of a loader or batch script that I can run my BF2 or Mod shortcut with that will automatically do this for me? I always forget to run the affinity script. Then I just keep getting frustrated when I get disconnected realizing I forgot to run it! =(

Comment

Working...
          X