Hit Zone Issues.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit Zone Issues.......

I play conquest from time to time, but mostly I play coop with crazy odds. I have noticed after playing more lately that the hit zones on enemies seem to be off. Like head shots taking 3-4 hits with assault rifle and grenades not inflicting too much damage. However, it also seems like coming head to head with someone, you can light up the hit indicator time after time and you die after 2-3 hits. Weird, so am I missing something? Thanks

Re: Hit Zone Issues.......

This video shows all I need to know about hit detection in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
      This video shows all I need to know about hit detection in BF2.
      you think this is to do with speed of pc's or jut a general rule for battlefield??
      I have has times like this and i think the bullets happen to fly around my opponants head by unbelieable chance. But maybe this explains it hehe.

Ohh it is head shot = 1 shot kill for all gun and knfife, except a pistol is 2 shos in the head :x
      Then it is 3/4 bullets anywhere in body including legs arms torso etc depending on your gun.
      Oh and 2 shots with sniper rifle.

3 shots with G3.

Comment

That is an interesting video Eagle.... Nice to know that about the game...

Comment

I think they acctualy change based on the lag you're experiencing in the game. I've seen a similiar video for counter strike, where hitboxes would be tied to the model but "lag" behind the model. So you would shoot behind it in order to hit the target. Just a thought...

Comment

I'm gunna try this.

Comment

Originally posted by vikonic
              I think they acctualy change based on the lag you're experiencing in the game. I've seen a similiar video for counter strike, where hitboxes would be tied to the model but "lag" behind the model. So you would shoot behind it in order to hit the target. Just a thought...
              well if you take LAG into account, then when you shoot behind them you would completely miss because thats where you see the person but on the other guys screen hes actually further away.
              i think lags works that way. like if you had bad lag you would naturally shoot ahead of ppl so u make sure it counts but if u were to shoot behind then you got no chance. with lag that is.
              after watching the vid it made me think alot, and im going to implement it on the battlefield.

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
              I'm gunna try this.
              let us know how you go with ur experiment.
              i am very interested in this.

Comment

Thanks for the input. It seems goofy that lag would play a role in this ALL the time. I dont buy it, I play on a great connection and I have no "skips" with great fps during games 99% of the time. I will have to work on this some more. I can tell you for the time being I will not go for the headshots as much, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X