Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 SF crashes.

I start it up and a window comes up saying:

mods/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found!!! _DO_ check your working directory,_AND_sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)

That's word for word. Any ideas? I'll go look around in the folders.

Yea, the shaders folder is empty. Why?

Re: BF2 SF crashes.

reinstall

Comment

I just installed it though, and I didn't change anything.

Comment

I assume this is a problem on the software not hardware..
        if i were i'd just contact EA Games =(

Comment

After uninstalling, try running a registry cleaner (E.g. Crap Cleaner; or could also do this manually using regedit but it's not for the faint hearted!!!)
          I have found before that a lot of my errors were caused by corrupt BF2 registry files. When BF2 uninstalls, it leaves a load of registry entries behind. When you reinstall, it sees them and thinks "oh, those entries are already there... better not replace them...". Therefore you problem persists.

Hope this is some help

Comment

download the full bf2 1.4 installer and install it. patching with the 1.3 > 1.4 patch sometimes gives the shader error. this problem has been posted many times.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I'll try that, I have that too. Sometimes the font and guns are just black. I'll do that, thanks.

One other question, about the unlocks. How do you get the third set? Do you have to get all of the first set before you can unlock those, or just have SF installed.

Now bf2 lags so much you cant play it. I want to resinstall but how do you make sure everything is out of the registry so I can install again?

Comment

Working...
              X