Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield2 Command Points Advanced Theory ( a SimonSays Guide )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield2 Command Points Advanced Theory ( a SimonSays Guide )

That was a great guide, i think everything you said was correct. Thanks for spending the time you did in researching all the info, it helped.

Oh, and ethanhunt, is that the truffle shuffle on your avatar? lol

Comment

Simon stop being so SMART

Comment

do you get any points when your team caps a flag, besides the team points that a few players get divided by the number of players? I havent commanded that much, but ive noticed that rounds where a lot of flags were capped back and forth, each commander got a lot of points. Also, does the x2 stats double your points in the round to what it is listed at the end, or is that score doubled?

Comment

the commander score, as mentioned above, is an average of all points accumulated, so yes flag caps are beneficial.
          And as for the x2 thing, the winning commanders score has already been doubled on the score sheet, it just gives him that edge towards getting a medal

Comment

I have a question. Maybe it was answered idk but.
            When a commander scans, does he see the enemy commander as a red dot, white dot, or doesnt see him at all?

Comment

The enemy commander shows up on the scan as a fuzzy red dot, just like all other enemy infantry and vehicles. It is only after they are spotted that they will turn white. It's usually pretty easy to guess which dot they are by looking for solitary dots out of harm's way - typically back near their base.

Comment

Interesting guide, not saying it's wrong, it seems logical but there is something I have noticed when I command
                If I command and do virtually nothing, I usually sit just above half way on my team scoreboard, the x2 usually, but not always, giving me the gold
                If I spot the enemies for my team, and my team then kill the enemies while they are still highlighted I can usually get in the top 3 before the x2
                Just wondered about your thoughts on this

There is nothing worse than a commander who caps a flag while you are next to him, denying you and him of extra points

Comment

Originally posted by flippy199
                  do you get any points when your team caps a flag, besides the team points that a few players get divided by the number of players? I havent commanded that much, but ive noticed that rounds where a lot of flags were capped back and forth, each commander got a lot of points. Also, does the x2 stats double your points in the round to what it is listed at the end, or is that score doubled?
                  You dont get direct command points for caps... The reason those rounds are so high, is its usually 4-6 ppl running together and capping..

#1 get 4 points ( for neutral + Cap )
                  Rest get 2 points each (neuteral assist + Cap assist)...

So with 5 ppl fx. its 12 points each time a flag is capped... so it quickly accumulate some points.

and the x2 bonus is the x2 of your command points only, so its no use to fight all round in a j10 and then attempt a Mutiny in the end of the round... it only doubles the points you earned as commander.

Comment

Great guide - much appreciated!
                    The "white dot" thing is great!!

Thanks!

FipZ

Comment

Working...
                    X