The EA Modlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EA Modlight

soooo....that went well. A month later and only one mod -opk- covered.
    I had high hopes ....

... then again I had high hopes for better patches, improved gameplay, free content, community mapping contests etc. etc.

Re: The EA Modlight

Originally posted by $kelet0r
    http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battle...ht_101006.aspx

soooo....that went well. A month later and only one mod -opk- covered.
    I had high hopes ....
    They probably got the sack as bf2142 hasn't done that great and they need to maximise there profits or some crap like that.

Ive honestly always found that maddening "ow my company only made 700 million this year instead of 750 million lets go sack a thousands of people to make up the difference".

Comment

it was simply an empty promise. much like how DICE said they would make the game easy to mod by giving out many tools and tutorials.

so much for that. DICE doesn't really care much about the MOD community. They say they do, but actions speak louder than words.

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing about the ModLight program. I notice it everytime I load BF2, and it advertises 2142, I think, well, so much for that... I was really looking forward to seeing some Battleracer advertising, then some DC....Anything! to get the community wrapped in furthering the life of BF2.

But alas, I know that QuakeWars is coming. And that is where I am moving. I knew it months ago, but now, I am positive about it. Just wish my forum post here counted in other forums like TotalQW

None-the-less, Id and others know how to embrace the community, which it is better to get close and extend the value of your product, then make a quick buck and get abanoned when a better product comes along from a rival company.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
          I have been wondering the same thing about the ModLight program. I notice it everytime I load BF2, and it advertises 2142, I think, well, so much for that... I was really looking forward to seeing some Battleracer advertising, then some DC....Anything! to get the community wrapped in furthering the life of BF2.

But alas, I know that QuakeWars is coming. And that is where I am moving. I knew it months ago, but now, I am positive about it. Just wish my forum post here counted in other forums like TotalQW

None-the-less, Id and others know how to embrace the community, which it is better to get close and extend the value of your product, then make a quick buck and get abanoned when a better product comes along from a rival company.
          amen brother.

Comment

well lets hope EA does not buy them o_O

Comment

Working...
            X