Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8800GTX and an Asus P5B Deluxe WI-Fi

8800GTX and an Asus P5B Deluxe WI-Fi

Guys will the above be compatible as i am thinking of ordering the 8800GTX?

Re: 8800GTX and an Asus P5B Deluxe WI-Fi

There is really no point in getting that card right now. You wont be able to take advantage of DX10 till vista comes out and by then the card will be a lot less. Your rig is fine right now, i woiuld just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
      8800GTX and an Asus P5B Deluxe WI-Fi

Guys will the above be compatible as i am thinking of ordering the 8800GTX?
      what kind of power supply do you have? those things are oging ot be power hungry

Comment

The 8800GTX was released today and the PSU requirements are:
        450W PCI Express-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 30A

Two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors
        -or-

Four 4-pin Molex supplementary power connectors

Comment

Originally posted by cloaker
          There is really no point in getting that card right now. You wont be able to take advantage of DX10 till vista comes out and by then the card will be a lot less. Your rig is fine right now, i woiuld just wait.
          i agree with you and for the price you will pay for it now you might even get a better card by the time full dx10 game come out

Comment

The new cards will run in any motherboard with a PCIe-16 or standward PCI-e slot. This also includes SLI capable motherboards.

The card is going to require a hefty PS. I would say nothing less than a 600w.

The card is going to speed up ALL games. It just has DX10 capability but is fully capable of running DX9 titles.

The 8800GTS is looking to be the best buy. It can be found on zipzoomfly and newegg for 499.00

Check out the reviews over at HardOCP and you will see that it is blowing away the 1900XTX in ALL games. That card with a core2 duo would be very nice.

Here is the linkage to the review...

Good luck!

MP

Comment

im ordering mine in a week.
              8800GT

Comment

all you guys better post benchmarks.

Comment

I agree that the 8800gts and gtx are very powerful cards, and somewhat reasonably priced for their performance, but there is no need for Bald-eagle to upgrade now. I bet you can play any game out there just fine as you are... upgrading GPU's when it's not needed is just wasting money.

By the time you actually do have to upgrade to get the highest settings at decent framerates, prices should be down and there should be more, perhaps better, choices of GPU's.

Honestly the only people I would suggest to buy an 8800 are the ones who don't already have a high-end card (7900 or x1.9k series), or can use eVGA's step-up without paying too much.

Comment

And btw they ARE worth the money, go look at the specs.

Comment

Damn bro, you got a 79GTX and want to get a 88??? Donate to the poor Cuban foundation your 79 :laugh: **** i'll pay for the shipping.

P.S. I personnaly would recommend a different mobo. I had that same one for about 3 days, and it was all buggy.

Comment

have u guys seen the nForce 600 ATX mobo?
                        its using a LGA 775 Socket yuck =(

Comment

Working...
                        X