No announcement yet.

Stuttering encountered, but setup good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering encountered, but setup good!

Hi,
    My roommate has a dell dimension e521

AM2 dual core 3800+ (2 GHz)
    1 GB (512 x 2) DDR2 533 MHz Ram
    ATI 256mb gddr3 x1600xt (catalyst 6.10)
    160 GB sata HDD

I would have thought that this setup could play with all settings at least at medium. But it is choppy in spots, I minimized and task manager showed that all my free RAM was gone. Is this a simple buy another 2 x 512 kit and slap it in there, or should this setup be able to run without the need. Roommate is on a budget and if missing something that could be causing problems, it would be better than blowing another $100 on ram. I'm sur part of the problem is that it's a dell, but was hoping for better performance

Re: Stuttering encountered, but setup good!

how many progra,s do you have running upon windows start, press ctrl alt & del then look in processes.

Have you scanned the pc for viruse, adware, spware?

Defrag the HDD.

Comment

Re: Stuttering encountered, but setup good!

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
      how many programs do you have running upon windows start, press ctrl alt & del then look in processes.

Have you scanned the pc for viruse, adware, spware?

Defrag the HDD.
      it's a brand new pc, i will have to go through and more throughly remove all the ******** dell installs. I had thought i had gotten rid of most of it already. I was expecting it to be playable on medium. if this was a wrong expectation, let me know.

It's possible spyware has made its way on his pc already, so i will double check that. thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
      X