bf2 wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 wont start

ok well whenever i click on the bf2 logo the screen goes black like it usually does when its about to load the game, but instead of the game loading it just closes itself and the game doesnt start. i think it might be a problem with my graphics card - when i clik on easyinfo it shows my graphics cards display memory as 32mb, but i have a 128mb geforce4 mx. anyway i can fix this?

Re: bf2 wont start

the problem is ur video card....u need at least a geforce fx 5200 to even start the game

Comment

Doh! why did i bother buying, ima take it back and get UT instead. it said minimum display memory 128mb, and i thought i had that.

Comment

Hmmm I have the same problem, it goes black yo hear the screen click off as it changes the resolution and then back to desktop no message.

BUT I was running this game before with this system. Its a radeon 9600. I had to roll back to this GPU because my v9999/td from asus kept crashing. Its going back to manf.

but what can i do to find out the cause. It isnt the GPU. I already played this on this card. No way to debug ?

Comment

try a reinstall?

Comment

ok, i think its a driver problem causing this. even on my control panel the memory size for my card is showing 32mb but i swear its a 128mb geforce4 mx.

Comment

Originally posted by nextman
              ok, i think its a driver problem causing this. even on my control panel the memory size for my card is showing 32mb but i swear its a 128mb geforce4 mx.
              I think he was talking to Crane, your card is not supported, and good luck returning an open game by the way.

Comment

Mine did the same thing. I tried to uninstall it and it wouldn't uninstall. The only thing I can see doing know is reformatting my entire hd and then reinstalling bf2. Anyone have any other suggetions?/

G

Comment

System restore??? Also how about manual deleting the whole folder, and the registry.

Comment

http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=281039^thats how to uninstall manually

Comment

Working...
                    X