Any more support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any more support?

I haven't been here for awhile now. With all these kids and newbies running to bf2142 leaving only a few of the great players behind. Will EA abandon us? Any news about a new patch? I love bf2 and almost everything about it, but it seems to me more and more hacks and cheaters are rising up each day. One of the main one I have seen so far are the rapid auto aim guns such as the SVD in my other topic. The others are the auto shot guns such as the dao12 and jack hammer. I've seen it in a couple games lately but this time a whole clan of AT guys running around with it racking points left to right and owning in mid range. Hmm... must of have been a new hack the clan just bought and thought they'd go out and try it.

Can someone tell me if there is still light for BF2? and perhaps when?

Re: Any more support?

i havent encountered any hackers in a while, so im happy

Comment

I guess thats a good question. I was just reading on the well known hacks site that their technology is so good that it is now undetectable by punkbuster and other anticheat measures. I wonder if EA/DICE will bother to look after its BF2 fanbase, now that its new product 2142 has rolled off the production line.

Comment

I would hope that anything they do to stop hacks in 2142, would also apply to BF2, afterall, it is basically the same game... but then again, why would EA want to support an 'old' product

I've only ever seen a handful of cheaters during my time on BF2, thankfully, but it is worrying that they may be able to continue with no one working to stop them.

Scort.

Comment

Originally posted by Scort
          ...but then again, why would EA want to support an 'old' product
          True. Maybe.

I think they'll add a new patch when they find out some interesting enough. They won't abandon us, BF2 is still a pretty popular game.

Comment

Piss on EA and what they do or don't do, I'm sticking to BF2, I will never buy BF217262.

BF2 is just... yea.... even buggy it's still... yeaaa

Comment

i was hoping for one more patch to fix the bugs in 1.4 but not sure if its gonna happen

Comment

Im not planning on switching either BF2 rocks and I dont wanna play future if I wanted future I would play star wars!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow_alpha12
                  Im not planning on switching either BF2 rocks and I dont wanna play future if I wanted future I would play star wars!
                  HERE HERE

Agree 100%

2142 will never match BF2, I'll never switch either!

Comment

i just want them to give us either 1.43, or 1.5. definatly new patches. i aint going to switch to BF2 1.42.

a) dont want to give mroe money to EA til they make BF2 to its full potnetial
                    b) well i'd rather have my Ak then a super sci-fi spud gun

Comment

Lets all agree that we will continue to play and support the BF2 community...not including the hacks and chats of course. If we all continue to play, server hosts will still get paid which should be enough of a power base to pressure EA to atleast support a few more bug fixes and maybe even a real patch that fixes stuff in the future. MAYBE>...but we must believe in santa and miracles right!!!???

Comment

EA has forgotten about bf2, only the community is here to support it.

Comment

I noticed Colin logged in to this site today. He did not post anything and I have sent him a few notes from here and over at Total2142 where he shows up a lot more often.

There his a little thread over at the Game Feedback about the whole thing:

I am completely loosing faith with the whole thing and I am about to just swear completely never to buy from EA or DiCE again. I feel bad saying that, because no matter how poorly DiCE codes their software, they still have a fun product. BF1942 was horrible when it first came out, so I think they have a legacy of poor development, but good potential for gameplay.

Honestly, I think DiCE needs to just buy an Epic, Valve, or Id engine for any of their future products.

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99
                            b) well i'd rather have my Ak then a super sci-fi spud gun
                            I agree, I think it looks too futeristic for 2142, its only one hundred years on, as for EA leaving bf2 I don't think they'll wanna abandon such a community but it might happen. Who knows how much they'll make with BF 2142

Comment

EA is not like VALVE, they still give good ol HL the odd update here and there. EA needs to learn to give respect to its customers, or face losing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X