UninstallMEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UninstallMEC

i have a program called "UninstallMEC" in my add or remove programs window but i have no idea what it is. I searched my compy and found nothing by that name, its 22 gigs (21,622.00 megabytes) and if i can delete it it would help me free up much needed space. I tried googling it and got nothing, anyone know wtf this is?

Re: UninstallMEC

not sure...try doing a search on ur computer for it

Comment

click on it and click the 'click here for information' and see if anything that comes up points you to where its installed or what it is....if you can find where it lives then perhaps you can learn what other files live with it.

Comment

i did a search and got nothing, and there is no click here for info, just date of last use (11/4/06) and frequency of use (often), and i searched my computer and found nothing.

Comment

Its called a SBIP, which is Spy Bot Installed Program
          you can download this thru dl other things, and it comes with it without you consent.
          i would uninstall if i were you.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo518
            Its called a SBIP, which is Spy Bot Installed Program
            you can download this thru dl other things, and it comes with it without you consent.
            i would uninstall if i were you.
            makes sense, but 22 gigs?

Comment

ya there was a similar case where random files took up hd space from a random anti virus software.
              My guess is that that this spybot(i assume it is) that it has some kind of files taking up excessive amount of space.

Comment

but i dont have spybot...

Comment

Working...
                X