Yet another New System!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another New System!

Hi, Sorry for the post but I am going to spend some cash and I want to know if this is ok....

My current system-

AMD 2400 Athlon
    Ati 9200se 128mb
    512 Ram (266mhz)
    80gig

Crap I know

My new system

Intel ® Pentium® Core 2 Duo Dual-Core Processor 6400
    MSI 975X Power Up Edition X Fire M/Board Socket 775
    2GB DDR 2 667 MHz Memory - Samsung Or Elixir
    250 Sata 2 Hard Drive - 16mb cache
    Asus EAX1950XTX/HTVDP/512M Graphics
    Sony 52 x CD Writer / DVD Combo Drive
    8024 550 Watt Colors IT Case
    6.1 Digital Soundcard
    Front Audio & 2 USB 2.0 Connectors
    Rear Audio & 4-6 Rear USB 2.0 Connectors
    10/100 Ethernet Included

Just afew questions

What settings will it run on?
    More Ram Needed?
    Would you change anything?

The above system is avail for £850 with XP Pro SP2

Thanks for the help..........

Re: Yet another New System!

everything should run on high with that, 2gb ram is perfectly fine,

would proberly get a DVD+/-RW drive instead of the Sony 52 x CD Writer / DVD Combo Drive

Comment

Just my 2 cents if it were me:
      I would find a few extra sponds and get a 6700 duo and overclock the bugger to well over 3+ ghz (for the money its well worth it as half the price of a 6800 and only 10% slower stock).
      Maybe a xfi extreme music card to complete the dream setup. Dunno if that blows your budget tho, what you've listed looks pretty hot.
      Is the motherboard crossfire ready, maybe consider that and when flush chuck in another x1950.

Comment

uhm... there is no need to get a E6700 that is just a waste, E6600 if he wanted to but no further,

one x1950 will be fine..

elmes100 are you some kind of millionare people who post here post because they appriciate opinions on their ideas, not for people to get them to spend more money on things that wont improve their performance by much,

X1950 = £300

E6700 = £370
        E6400 = £170
        Difference = £200

so your advising for him to spend £500 more on a rig that doesnt need it..

Comment

that is absolutly perfect, 1 gig is gunna run smooth, 2 gig is gunna run even better.

Comment

There are a couple of small things you want to consider, overall your choices are very good and will provide a very robust gaming system, but the power supply isn't the greatest. It might be worth investing in something of higher quality as you have lots of expensive components that could be potentially damaged should the power supply give up on you. Tagan, Seasonic and Enermax are all good makes who make reliable PSU's, If you don't want to spend quite that much Hiper's Type R series has gotten good reviews ( i use one myself) and i've been hearing good things about FSP PSU's. The other thing to consider is if you want to overclock choose some higher quality RAM, Samsung and Elixir are ok for pre built systems (Dell, HP etc) but if you want to overclock choose a better make such as Corsair, Kingston, Crucial, Geil, Patriot or OCZ.

Other than that you have specced a very nice system.

Comment

Can i have the old one

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys I will be ordering the system very soon........

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  everything should run on high with that, 2gb ram is perfectly fine,

would proberly get a DVD+/-RW drive instead of the Sony 52 x CD Writer / DVD Combo Drive
                  gotta agree about that CD writer / DVD combo i suggust an pioneer DVR-111 its an OEM so will probly be cheeper and can burn everything u throw at it

Comment

Working...
                  X