Graphical glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical glitches

Well it seems that BF 1.4 patch sucks, I reinstalled my game after finding out theres these weird *** model glitches and it works absolutely fine on 1.0 i upgrade to 1.4 oh graphical glitches hello i missed you!

Goddamn

System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core (4.8ghz~ 2.4ghz cores)
    2gb DDR2 ram
    ASUS ATi Radeon X1600 512MB PCI-E
    Realtek HD Audio

Latest drivers all up to date

Anyway, about on every weapon and most scenery and objects veichles etc, i get not only really crappy veichle textures etc but theres also model glitches, the games settings are at maximum i can turn it up to like x8 AA with no frame rate drop at all, But it seems like the model glitches its like the insides are popping on the outside going grey and crap, when i get close to shadows they get pixelated and look terrible.

Look at the hand grenade in these pics expecially where the lil handle bit is and the outside where it touches my hand at the top, can you see the little disortions, its much worse in game its really fast and looks horrible, i havent found any fix for it yet and it happens with everything, it also seems to be caused by the 1.4 patch.

Re: Graphical glitches

I really don't see your issue here...it looks fine to me. And whatever I am missing I really don't think would affect your gameplay. Look at the issue I had with BF2142 and compare them to yours....that may make you feel better

And as a little side note, your PC is a dual core, but doesn't mean the clock speed is doubled to 4.8ghz....just 2.4

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarjamie
      Well it seems that BF 1.4 patch sucks, I reinstalled my game after finding out theres these weird *** model glitches and it works absolutely fine on 1.0 i upgrade to 1.4 oh graphical glitches hello i missed you!

Goddamn

System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core (4.8ghz~ 2.4ghz cores)
      2gb DDR2 ram
      ASUS ATi Radeon X1600 512MB PCI-E
      Realtek HD Audio

Latest drivers all up to date

Anyway, about on every weapon and most scenery and objects veichles etc, i get not only really crappy veichle textures etc but theres also model glitches, the games settings are at maximum i can turn it up to like x8 AA with no frame rate drop at all, But it seems like the model glitches its like the insides are popping on the outside going grey and crap, when i get close to shadows they get pixelated and look terrible.

Look at the hand grenade in these pics expecially where the lil handle bit is and the outside where it touches my hand at the top, can you see the little disortions, its much worse in game its really fast and looks horrible, i havent found any fix for it yet and it happens with everything, it also seems to be caused by the 1.4 patch.
      sigh..

if you want the game to look graphically perfect then buy a better graphics card the x1600 wont give you it, and honestly those are just little things that i wouldnt pay attention to

Comment

Yeah but its fine for any game, The battlefield 2 1.4 update ****s up my game trust me its unbareable, its like Clipping of the model and stuff its like horrible, Save those pics to your pc then scroll through them really fast you will see the edges on the outside move it happens on most models players veichles weapons it looks ****ing disgusting, makes me never want to use v1.4 but no one plays on 1.0 really..

Heres a video of the graphical bug.

It gets worse the more i play the game basically, i just basically turned it on and started playing, as you can see it gets worse about the end, eventually it looks really bad on everything, its not overclocking or overheating of the gfx card, its definitly V1.4 of battlefield 2 as it never occurs in 1.0. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarjamie
          Yeah but its fine for any game, The battlefield 2 1.4 update ****s up my game trust me its unbareable, its like Clipping of the model and stuff its like horrible, Save those pics to your pc then scroll through them really fast you will see the edges on the outside move it happens on most models players veichles weapons it looks ****ing disgusting, makes me never want to use v1.4 but no one plays on 1.0 really..

Heres a video of the graphical bug.

It gets worse the more i play the game basically, i just basically turned it on and started playing, as you can see it gets worse about the end, eventually it looks really bad on everything, its not overclocking or overheating of the gfx card, its definitly V1.4 of battlefield 2 as it never occurs in 1.0. :cry:
          BF2 is somewhat different from other games, BF2 is more graphical than other games,

alot has changed since 1.0 with all the patches that have been released something like 7 now i think.

i dont know.. update to catalyst 6.10 see if it makes a difference, that graphic bug is something minor to me, as long as i can play the game without any stuttering,

Comment

Well i allready have catalyst 6.10, Its possibly a shader bug to me it seems related with lights its like the lights having a spazm on the grenade, that there is a less serious case of it, i should play it for a while then record it and show you how bad it looks then, its way more visible. it kinda looks like overclocking / graphics card overheating bugs but its not which sucks because that would explain it...

i think its just a ATI issue, on the demo and v1.0 i dont get this bug at all so possibly just a 1.4 bug with ati cards.

Heres another video that clearly shows the bug, look at the grenade, and on the top of the sniper rifle where the scope is attatched to the gun, little black like polygons and stuff that randomly goes nuts, i dont have this issue in v1.0, on BF2 i get this problem on about every weapon player model veichle and some scenery.

Comment

Working...
            X