Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Jumping ping?

Hey there,

Lately while playing BF2 i've noticed i've been getting a lot of ping jumps. For example, i'll be playing with 32ping and all of a sudden it will jump to 600+ cause me to lag then go back to normal. It does this like 5+ times per round and its really annoying.

Could it be that my bro is playing World Of Warcraft on his computer which is on the same network? (I have 3 computers connected to the same router, the router is a linksys older model).

If not, what could it be and is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

Re: Help with Jumping ping?

Originally posted by m0ttz
    Hey there,

Lately while playing BF2 i've noticed i've been getting a lot of ping jumps. For example, i'll be playing with 32ping and all of a sudden it will jump to 600+ cause me to lag then go back to normal. It does this like 5+ times per round and its really annoying.

Could it be that my bro is playing World Of Warcraft on his computer which is on the same network? (I have 3 computers connected to the same router, the router is a linksys older model).

If not, what could it be and is there a fix for it?

Thanks.
    i would say so, when someone is using the other machine on my network i get ping spikes goes from 39 to 250 (where i usually get kicked for high ping)

Comment

totally Wow

depending on your model of linksys you might be able to set up (or add in) QoS settings to give bf2 priority

Comment

Alright and how would I go about adding QoS?

Comment

I can suggest you to use this simple tool that optimize TCP/UDP flux during game. Require .Net Framework 2.0 (download it to microsoft.com)

Comment

Originally posted by m0ttz
            Alright and how would I go about adding QoS?
            best check your routers settings under gaming options to see if you already have it first.

Comment

Working...
            X