Stutter in game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stutter in game...

Is it just me or are you guys getting in game stutter? and im not talking about network lag, im talking about video type lag...

my system:
    amd x2 3800 @ 2.7ghz
    2gb ddr pc3200
    geforce 6800gt
    SB Audigy 2

i run this game at 1024x768
    and everything on high except shadows which is off and antialiasing which is also off....

wtf is wrong with bf2 ?

ok i uninstalled and reinstalled the game i applied the 1.4 full patch and still there is stuttering in maps like karkand and jalalabad....i also installed the new nvidia drivers....

Re: Stutter in game...

Do you also lag when playing single player? If not, then, it's a network issue(some wrong settings, sapping CPU resources).. If it does, try lowering your graphics settings, put some to medium.

Comment

i'll hijack this thread instead of posting a new thread since im having the same problems

been playin fine for months up until last friday, when i booted up BF2 and found it really stuttery and laggy, just figured it was one of those things since ive never suffered it before, restarted my comp and the same thing

i did some heavy duty d/l'ing the previous night, figured that might be the cause so i defragged my hard-drive ran my spyware tools, cleared out my cache file and still the same stutter

then i re-installed bf2 and tried again, same result! playing in single-player mode gives the same result. so i then updated my gfx card driver bu to no avail.

im at a complete loss and cant understand whats changed on my comp?

i havent changed any settings, video or audio?

my Comp is Intel(R) Pentium 4 Processor 3.40 GHz
      Nvidia Geforce 7900GT 256MB
      2 GB DDR RAM

i run everything on high settings apart from dynamic shados and light which are low

any help would be much appreciated!

Comment

I have recently been getting alot of stuttering in BF2, this has just happened in the last 2 or more months.

I think its related to PB updating. Try turning down sound & tectures to medium. This should help.

Comment

was just gonna update i tried a single player game just now with all gfx settings on low and still the same problem

very annoying im 400pts off Major as well :*(

Comment

What drivers your running, use the 84.21 forceware. The 9 series are very buggy.

Comment

i was using the 84.21 forceware originally, but then it lagged on that firday and after goin through all the 'procedures' decided to update the drivers which gave the same effect

Comment

hey is it possible that its ur soundcard?

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3256

Comment

nah defo not my soundcard, i dont think. i have a bog standard one if not just an on board one

Comment

if you have onboard, you need to set it to software & on medium or low. If its a external one, ie one that fits into the PCI slots, then u have to set on hardware on either medium or high. I have no difference with mine either on medium or high. The only difference i can tell is the sound qualities.

Comment

but i dont see how that can all of a sudden be a problem? ive never touched the settings ever? ive juts left it on the default settings?

Comment

Oh boy, the stuttering thing. After reading many forums and the like (mainly this one: http://games.internode.on.net/forums...2530226a48adbc
                        I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed PunkBuster.
                        When you get the lag in single-player or multi-player and you hit CONTROL+ALT+DELETE to switch to the Task Manager and see the pagefile memory is way over your alotted ram, then I think you're experiencing the same issues I'm having (and a lot of others). I've tried it all man, and I'm afraid there's no cure in sight until EA or Dice work with EvenBalance(PunkBuster) to resolve the problem.

Such a good game to have this crap happen! Grrrrrr! :cussing:

Comment

used to have this problem, fixed now. i updated my power supply and CPU then suddenly the problem went away and i can run everything on full again without a problem. do go spending any money to try and fix it except on maybe a can of compressed air and clean out your heatsinks and fans, post back and let us know if its made any difference. there have been alot of posts on this issue but none for a wile

Comment

i regularly clean out my fan, im pretty sure thats not the problem and my power supply is more than adequate for my system

i think Kridian may be on to something because i have noticed my pf memory usuage unusally high, im not to clued up on that sort of thing but as of right now with no programs running its at 477mb which is high no? when i alt+tab out of the game and check its at 1.3-1.5gb could that be the problem?

if it is punkbuster and having read Kridians link not much i can do about it?

Comment

i also thought that it might of been punkbuster, updated it but my problem stayed i heard that for some people it fixed it tho so try it out go here http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?...upport-bf2.php

Comment

Working...
                              X