Building a new pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new pc

hey guys, i'm building a new pc and would like some help on the certain specs to play bf2 without lagging. i dont really know which is good or bad systems so i jumbled up some parts and here's the specs;

Intel 965P + E6300
    Leadtek PX7300GS 256MB
    Hitachi 160GB SATAII
    Patriot 533MHz 2x512MB
    LG H10N DVDRW 16X

is this enough to play bf2/bf2142 without lagging? my budget is around 1-1.5k
    if it isnt enough can u guys tell me what is the best requirements to play bf2 without lagging and bearing in mind the budget.

thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Re: Building a new pc

that should be enough, but dont ask me lol

Comment

I'm not as familiar with Intel products as I should be. The 7300GS is a LOW end GPU, though. More RAM will do loads for performance with almost everything relating to gaming. Your HDD and optical drive look fine. Make sure your HDD is NOT in PIO mode, though. It makes verifying client data take about 5x as long.

With your budget, get the cheapest 7800/7900 you can find or suck it up until Vista and D3D 10 come out. There is no reason to spend a buttload on a video card right now considering GeForce 8 series cards are coming out to support directX 10 soon.
      Your best bet at this juncture in time is to upgrade your RAM. Especially if it's already DDR2.

Now, with my system I'm only getting 30-35FPS and I have V-sync disabled in BF2142. I'm still not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by LostSquirrel
        hey guys, i'm building a new pc and would like some help on the certain specs to play bf2 without lagging. i dont really know which is good or bad systems so i jumbled up some parts and here's the specs;

Intel 965P + E6300
        Leadtek PX7300GS 256MB
        Hitachi 160GB SATAII
        Patriot 533MHz 2x512MB
        LG H10N DVDRW 16X

if it isnt enough can u guys tell me what is the best requirements to play bf2 without lagging and bearing in mind the budget.

It really depends what graphic setting you want to play at, if its high then you should really have 2GB of ram, if medium 1GB should be enough, though you might be pushing it a bit with 2142 and 1GB.

In short the CPU and MOBO are spot on, though i think you could do with a better GFX card, the Sapphire X1600 XT 256MB GDDR3 would be a lot better than your current one and is more suited to the spec of the PC and 1GB of ram, i insist you get 2GB.

Comment

Is that 1k in US or Canadian? For 1k in US you can build a rig that can run BF2 all high. A better place to ask would be here: http://forums.fevergaming.com/off-topic/tech-lounge/

Comment

Mod please move to Tech Center

Comment

Well look at the requirements and double your efforts! then it would be fit for future games

Comment

thanks guys, u all have been a really great help. i'll try my best to get a 2gb ram. err, actually the 1k is not in US, but if u change my currency to US it would be around $600.

greatly appreciated.

Comment

Well, a Gig should be enough for bf2, im buildin mine on the 11th, and im runnin:
                  AMD X2 4800+
                  eVGA 7600GS 512MB in SLI Mode x2
                  1 gig of Corsair ram Buffered/heat spreader (1024)
                  and onboard sound

if i were you, PM and i'll set u up with a decent pc for a price, cuz your list up there hardly looks compatible and my buddy bought a leadtek and just threw it away, so i'd choose a different VC too.

Comment

Originally posted by LostSquirrel

Intel 965P + E6300
                    Leadtek PX7300GS 256MB
                    Hitachi 160GB SATAII
                    Patriot 533MHz 2x512MB
                    LG H10N DVDRW 16X

Where do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by foxz88
                      Where do you live?
                      WHAT!
                      thats completly irelivent!
                      lol that was the most random iv ever seen!
                      10/10 for that

Comment

Originally posted by Echo518
                        Well, a Gig should be enough for bf2, im buildin mine on the 11th, and im runnin:
                        AMD X2 4800+
                        eVGA 7600GS 512MB in SLI Mode x2
                        1 gig of Corsair ram Buffered/heat spreader (1024)
                        and onboard sound

if i were you, PM and i'll set u up with a decent pc for a price, cuz your list up there hardly looks compatible and my buddy bought a leadtek and just threw it away, so i'd choose a different VC too.
                        My pc is 3/4 done now. Thanks anyway....and if u're in the US, it's kinda impossible to send me the pc.(seriously)

Where do you live?
                        I live in a country approximately 100,000 miles away from the US.....(go figure)

Comment

guys, i'm really stuck between the X1600 XT and 7800. i'm not that familiar with gfx and need a little help cos the gfx card is holding back the completion of my new pc.
                          can anyone tell me which one is better between these two and why?

Comment

X1600 is old now, X1650 has replaced it,

proberly couldnt tell you which is better, ATi offer cards of the same performance of nVidias but at a cheaper price but BF2 works better with nVidia cards

Comment

Working...
                            X