Medal of Honor: Airborne!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of Honor: Airborne!

A little preview piled up from a bunch of sites.

Medal of Honor: airborne is comming out on PC/360/PS3.

Medal of Honor: Airborne

'You are Boyd Travers Private First Class of the 82nd Airborne Division and engage in battles throughout Europe. From rocky beginnings in Sicily to war-winning triumphs in Germany, each mission begins behind enemy lines, with an intense and fully interactive airdrop. Your ability to determine your own starting point dramatically changes the way each mission plays out. View the entire operation from the air, and then control your parachute to choose your landing spot. On the ground, gather your senses and assess the terrain. A wide variety of authentic, customizable weapons are at your disposal, each with distinct characteristics. Choose your path in this free roaming FPS environment. The producers sought counsel from numerous expert sources to make certain the game is historically accurate and as true to the WWII Airborne experience as possible.'

Medal of Honor has been a little rocky lately. Yes. But it's still a very solid, great, ww2 fps. Front line, Allied Assault, Pacific Assault, and Spearhead were all great. Rising sun and European assault were both average console MoH games, wich looked rushed for money, but still people liked them. Airborne will be pushing the newest ww2 fps experience yet. He'res the conecpt- in every singelplayer level you will be able to parachute wherever you want on the battlefield and start the mission there. You can drop onto a roof top and pick off soliders, or link up with friendlies and take objectives in wichever order you want.

Medal of Honor: Airborne is using the Unreal Engine 3.

'Airborne takes place over four other campaigns in addition to the aforementioned Husky. There's Operation Avalanche, the rescue operation in Solerno, Italy, that the Allies only had two hours to prepare for; Operation Neptune, the airborne component of D-Day in which paratroopers dropped inland the night before the Normandy beach invasion and fought backward to clear the infantry's path into France; Operation Market Garden, the failed attempt to secure Germany's roads and bridges; and the game's finale, Operation Varsity, which saw 30,000 soldiers parachuting into Germany in the single largest military airdrop in history.'

'Airborne will also feature a weapon-upgrade system for the first time in the series, which Gilmore says is consistent with the modifications real-life soldiers made to their weapons on the battlefield. For instance, one of the available upgrades in the final game will include a Cutts compensator for the trusty Thompson submachine gun, which ejects gas upward from the barrel to counteract muzzle climb. We saw an example in a test level where a fully modified Tommy gun had a much tighter grouping of shots than the fairly inaccurate factory model.

You'll have to find your weapon upgrades in the field, but you can't use them immediately. You'll actually accrue battle proficiency with each weapon, and each upgrade will carry a minimum proficiency rating that you'll have to obtain to use it. So if you get the upgrade for the grenade attachment on the M1 Garand rifle--which essentially turns the weapon into a rocket-propelled grenade that was highly effective, from what we saw--then you'll have to whip out that M1 and start shooting the heck out of it so you can attain the necessary proficiency to apply the upgrade.'

'EA played a demo for us (Gamespot.com) set during the famed Operation Husky--in which the Allies led a very costly invasion of Sicily that took two years to prepare for--so we could see how all this is coming together. You won't be able to draw a weapon while you're dropping, so your attention will be focused entirely on where you're going to hit the dirt. It sounds like there will be some finesse involved in landing smoothly, because if you flare or cut your chute at the wrong time, you'll hit the ground too hard or you'll need extra time to get out of your gear. But if you perform a perfect landing, you'll have your weapon at the ready almost the instant your feet touch down. Some objectives will be set in stone, while others will be rolled out based on where you are and what you're doing in the level--but luckily, if you're killed before you complete any goals, you'll restart in the plane so you can try a different landing strategy the next time around.'

If this concept is pulled off correctly, Medal of Honor: Airborne will be the most immersive, replayable ww2 airborne (heh) experience yet. While call of duty 3 will be the same thing as Cod2 and cod:uo gameplay, and Brothers in arms: hells highway will be slightly more new with new gameplay machanics and a little less linear gameplay, Medal of Honor: airborne will be completely fresh.

Info from Planet Medal of Honor.com, IGN.com, Gamespot.com.

Re: Medal of Honor: Airborne!

Seems alright, but BiA: Hells Highway will be much better, more realistic.

Comment

Sorry but holy **** that looks orgasmic. I bet you the game wont look that good I bet they bumped it right up. That utterly gobsmacking its alsot professional cgi qlty

Comment

alecs ... theres a video interview in gamespot which also shows gameplay footage

Comment

That game looks sick, can't wait to play it, probably have to upgrade my computer to play it the way I'll wait too.

Comment

Yeah saw the gameplay vid, looks awsome. I think if you can run Call of duty 2 on high settings you should be able to run Medal of Honor: airborne. I have a 6800 and 512 ram right now, i can run Cod2 on high settings dx9 (can't quiet get max setting running smooth) so i'll be upgrading to 1-2 gigs of ram if i decide to get the game on my PC.

Comment

Wow that is some nice graphics im supprused at how good they are.

Comment

sic graphics

Comment

Indeed graphics are immense.

Comment

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1321350

Comment

Working...
                    X