Sound Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Card

Hey everyone I can't get my mic to work and would like to know what I could do to fix it or should I just get a sound card already. I am running the Realtek AC 97 built into my motherboard and I just cant get my mic to work. I can hear everyone, but no one could hear me. Is there any way to get this working correctly. If you think its better off to get a new sound card, which ones do you think would be good for playing bf2 with. I don't need the best sound card, but I want one that will be great quality and handle the things its supposed to handle. Any help or ideas feel free to tell me but thanks for you help!

Jeff

Re: Sound Card

Before purchasing a new sound card I would check some settings first.

1) check to see if the mic is muted or turned way down from Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. Then click on the advanced tab to bring up a list of inputs.

2) check your mic settings from within BF2. You can lower or raise the volume from there too.

I've yet to hear of anyone who's sounds was working but not there mic input port from the same card/board. So maybe trying a different mic would be another thing you could try.

As for sound cards, I would recommend any newer Creative Labs products.

Comment

Trust me its not your sound card, if your sound card was built within 6 years your fine its purely settings/drivers issue.

Comment

What are you trying to talk on? Teamspeak, Bf2, Vent? Ive had many mic problems with teamspeak so you might want to try to talking on something else. Also, a sound card is a good investment. I use The Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit. I find it improves music and game play, and there not to expensive.

Comment

hes talkin about VoIP, theres a networking bug in BF2 for the VOIP so you should be lucky enough to straight out work without messing around with the settings.

Comment

Hey guys I finally got it fixed. It was actually a setting was off in the sound settings in my control panel on the volume screen so I did that updated the drivers so now I am good. I still think I may get a sound card later on but this will definitely do for now thanks for all ur help!

Comment

Hey see i told ya there you go!

Comment

Working...
              X