Ongoing problem, please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing problem, please help.

For quite awhile now, I have had a problem with BF2 that has continued onto 2142. Whenever I open the server list on either game, I have to click stop update before any servers come up. If I don't, my TS will crash and I cannot load into the game because it will immediately say "There is a problem with your connection." I have a Netgear CG814WG modem/router gateway. I realize the modem is the problem because a guy in my clan has the same exact modem and he has the same exact problem. There was also a guy awhile back who posted on the these forums with the same modem and same problem but no solution. I am wondering if there is any way to fix this without getting a new modem and router. I see in the 2142 book it shows the ports that need to be open for the game. In the netgear setting I can change port forwarding and port triggering. I don't know much about these but I changed all the port forwarding to the ports it told me to, but it still crashes when I pull up the server list. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Flatout 2 crashes also and it connects to gamespy servers... Hmmm...
    PSS. Even if I open the server list on Xfire, teamspeak crashes and I have to reset the modem for it work again.

Re: Ongoing problem, please help.

i have no idea, but one tweak that ive heard ppl say that is good for wireless is disabling Wireless Zero Configuration

STart > run > services.msc > scroll down and find wireless zero config..and right click>properties > startup type: disabled and reboot. dont kno if itll help or anything

Comment

Re: Ongoing problem, please help.

Call netgear support and tell them of this problem. See if there is a firmware update that may correct it.

Comment

Working...
      X