Advice for a computer NEWB..english only plz lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for a computer NEWB..english only plz lol

I am on quite a low budget and recently splashed out on a new laptop with my life savings without really having a clue about computers. I'm now at college and brought it so i could take it with me. I spend 700 quid on it and have basically found out its ****:

After a bit of searching i have found my computer:

Now i can play karkand, sharqui with about 32 players, with low PING. Sometimes mashtuur and jalalbad.

All other maps i LAG like hell. There is no way i will be buying a new computer. I have about 100 quid left of my savings i could spend on it. You guys really seem to know what your talking about.

Is there anything i could do to it so i could play the other maps without mega LAG? or on bigger maps? a new graphics card? I have no idea...

and plz keep it simple guys......

Re: Advice for a computer NEWB..english only plz lol

Lmao that laptop I'd pay like £50-80 for. Nothing much.

Your graphics and audio are both onboard. Your memory is low as well. Thats why its laggy.

You need a new graphics card and at least 1GB of RAM. I would suggest a new laptop or computer, but since you have little left then just upgrade it.

Get a job and you can buy everything you need without any budget issues.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eternal-Souljah]Lmao that laptop I'd pay like £50-80 for. Nothing much.[QUOTE]

Thanks alot Eternal, really helpful

I know i've been ripped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i dont htink u can upgrade a laptop...so id just save up for a desktop for the future

Comment

Agreed,

Laptops are pretty fixed for what they can do except for some general options with drives and memory. For now, you are unfortunately screwed. The good news though? You're in college. Quit playing BF2 and go look at the women

Comment

You could also try and sell the laptop to someone else in college. Not to rip them off too, but maybe sell it for less than you bought it for and use that money for a desktop (or hi-end laptop, but i would NOT recomend one).

You can find a pretty decent desktop for $700 especially if you build it yourself.

Comment

Just buy some more laptop ram and if your unsure, get someone to install it for you. Then your set, and no more hella bad lag, just occasional hiccups

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffRowley
                Just buy some more laptop ram and if your unsure, get someone to install it for you. Then your set, and no more hella bad lag, just occasional hiccups
                So RAM helps to reduce LAG? I thougt it was soley the graphics card.

Thanks for the replys. I now know to not make any rash purchases withour research and shopping around.

Oh and more importantly, to stay away from PC WORLD!

Comment

next time post what your gonna buy before you purchase a computer here because that thing is a piece of ****. Cant believe you can actually run bf2 with it...

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                    next time post what your gonna buy before you purchase a computer here because that thing is a piece of ****. Cant believe you can actually run bf2 with it...
                    Yeah, but that'll be a long time away now. The guy in the store was like 'oh yeah this is like the top gaming machine, you'll be able to run it alll no problem'

FUKING WAN KER!!!!!!!!!! SEVEN HUNDRED QUID DOWN THE DRAIN, 14 YEARS OF SAVINGS

why did i post this thread, its just got me really wound up!!! and now i need a new mouse to top it off!

Thanks for your honest replys anyway guys, i will seek your advice in future, your much more reliable then those WA NK ERS at PC world!

Comment

too late to get a refund? if you can prove that it was sold to you as a gaming machine then you *may* be able to claim that the goods are not fit for the use intended.

"Fit for their purposes, including any particular purpose mentioned by you to the seller"

otherwise yeah just sell it while the price is still reasonable, if you keep it for another 6 months its going to be worth less than half of what it is today.

Comment

700 dollars ona laptop will get you practically nothing, well at least to play bf2 without lag.
                        specs on your laptop?

Comment

theres always ebay for it =D

Comment

eh..with ebay im guessing he can sell it for under $100

Comment

you will get £150-200 for it on ebay

people like lappys on ebay

Comment

Working...
                              X