To those of you who think the current nerfed black hawk gun is "realistic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those of you who think the current nerfed black hawk gun is "realistic"

People ought to actually try and research their "facts" before spouting em.

Worse, people on the internet tend to attach lamprey like to facts that they have somehow heard of, especially if they are wrong.

And for those of you who think that air strikes are overpowered:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The BF2 community has completely lost sight of what it was supposed to be. I find modern combat fascinating, yet BF2 has lost my interest, simply because it focuses on the mundane, avoids the interesting simply because it would take half a brain to balance properly.

Where are the halo drops? Where are the night battles? SF technically had night battles, but they had nothing particularly devastating in them, and you cant even see the tracers of gunfire, and as a result were pretty lame.

Of course, the BF2 players dont care, theyre off claymore whoring in karkand or ghost town for stats.

You see, who cares about stats? Even if i get killed, as long as the explosion is the size of a cruise liner.

When tanks get destroyed in BF2, they turn black. Even in DC their turrets flew dozens of meters in the air, often causing aircraft to crash into them.

Why is that not in BF2? Because it would be TOO cool.

Make no mistake, BF2 is cool, and the best online shooter out there. But it has so much missed potential!

Not only that, but this missed potential can be fixed by mods! But look at the mods out there! Make no mistake, FH2, BFP2 and the like are magnificent, but look at some of the mods out there!

Brickfield! Battlepaint! Instead of making a sweet, realistic game thats actually fun to play, they decide to make battlepaint. Yes, im sure tons have fun with battlepaint, but there are millions of idiots in this world, many of whom ingest narcotics on a regular basis, and those are the ones who have fun with battlepaint, or would prefer it over a DC style BF2.

DC wasnt perfect, but many aspects of it that were great were completely lost in BF2. Apparently having fruity hip hop music for the menu is more important. And claymores.... they started out perfectly fine, and the community managed to make them a game killing problem.

Half of BF2s problems are the developer, half are the community. DICE/ EA should not allow fools to dolphin dive or claymore whore, but it is the idiots who do that regardless that ruin the game.

Like the cheaters who post videos showing how they can flaunt punkbuster by cheating on servers. Yes punkbuster is near useless in many cases, but its the idiots who cheat that ruin the game, not PB.

Hopefully desert conflict can redeem the situation.

I dont mean to blame or offend anyone, but the time has come for the saving of BF2.

It can only be done by a mod, since i doubt EA will act in this situation. I don't hate EA, they are an evil empire sure, but I like evil empires! Whats wrong with that? Who doesnt like the Empire in star wars?

The only times i got POed at EA was when they released patch 1.22 and allowed fools to claymore whore non stop, ruining all urban maps.

Re: To those of you who think the current nerfed black hawk gun is "realistic"

how come when I try to be a gunner and use the TV missle.............I NEVER have a pilot that flys that smooth LOL

Comment

I remeber the good ol days with me and my 5 mates.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_Spambot
        People ought to actually try and research their "facts" before spouting em.

Worse, people on the internet tend to attach lamprey like to facts that they have somehow heard of, especially if they are wrong.

And for those of you who think that air strikes are overpowered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUQY...elated&search=

The BF2 community has completely lost sight of what it was supposed to be. I find modern combat fascinating, yet BF2 has lost my interest, simply because it focuses on the mundane, avoids the interesting simply because it would take half a brain to balance properly.

Where are the halo drops? Where are the night battles?

People simply whine when they get shot by ANYTHING while standing exposed in a street, so everything gets nerfed.

Hopefully desert conflict can redeem the situation.
        OK LOL, This is a game if you havnt noticed. I think the balance ingame is actualy pretty good now.
        But since you obviously have more than 'half a brain' why dont you go make a map/mod with perfect balance, then come here and show us!

Comment

Becuase BF2 was always supposed to be a war sim right. Funny how these guys complain the BH is no longer realistic but seem perfectly fine with magic defribbilators and other stuff.

Also, the LGM's in BF2 are devastating. A well placed missile from the SU on the carrier on Oman can take out almost everything on the exposed essex side of the deck.

Comment

Mek, i never said i was ok with magic defribillators. If i stated ALL of my grievances with BF2, it would be a hell of a lot longer post, and i doubt anyone here would actually go through and read it, given the forum average attention span (3.4 seconds estimate)

The su-34 missile is powerful by BF2 standards ,but it certainly will not clear the back half of an essex deck. And when it is so powerful, why not make a correspondingly large explosion! Its ridiculous seeing missiles from helicopters and aircraft having the explosion thats considerably smaller than a hand grenade does in real life.

night, the game is balanced because both sides are identical in most cases.

A t90 is identical to an M1A2.... how could you fail to balance when everything on both sides is identical!

Balance would be called having 3 weak T-62s vs one strong M1A2.

Also, it is subjective. Anyone who thinks the current state of claymore whoring is balanced has some serious issues....

Comment

Yes for a fact i know IRL that the blackhawk is more powerful, because of the minigun. Once DICE modifies something in a patch, they wont modify it back to normal. Hackers/cheaters are an aspect of every game, I find that 90% of games I have played have online cheaters. There are some ways tostop them, but they just keep comming. This is whats hard about an anti-cheat program, like punkbuster, they always find a way to bypass it. its the noobish bf2 players who use cheap tactics to gain stats. Remember for a fact, Battlefield 2 is not a Simulator, more of an Action FPS, if you want real, AA is far batter in realism, hope you enjoy.

Download PRMM

Comment

You have 2 options now......

1. Go play the game and stop whinning about stupid things (no major changes are gonna happen now)
                2. Play another game (if you can find better please enlighten me)

I really cant be bothered with all this negative talk anymore, just play the game as it is (it will not get any better now) or go find something else to whine about.

Comment

Night, i could care less about whether you post your useless opinions.

That is why there are mods. Why the hell do you think they made DC in the first place!

I have not whined until now about BF2, but it needs to be said clearly.

Its just whether there is a point in saying anything to the denizens of this forum, that is the question. (answer:no)

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_Spambot
                    Night, i could care less about whether you post your useless opinions.

That is why there are mods. Why the hell do you think they made DC in the first place!

I have not whined until now about BF2, but it needs to be said clearly.

Its just whether there is a point in saying anything to the denizens of this forum, that is the question. (answer:no)
                    Then go post your opinions in the 'mod section'
                    This is the BF2 vannila forum!
                    Stop whinning!!!!

Comment

I agree with everything 100%...

About 80% of the people here really do have that attention span, and are the same people you will see playing sniper on karkand, or jalalabad IO, running into the action, throw both claymores, and when they know they will die, drop grenades at their feet.

People b*tch and moan about things being too powerful. Some groundpounders actually think they should have a chance, as a single unit, on the ground... against a jet! WHAT the **** are they smoking?

Thing those type of people don't realise... Sure... a helicopter or jet will take you out NO problem 1 on 1. Ever heard of power in numbers? Or TEAMWORK? Vehicles are supposed to be strong.. yes, even in a game like this.

Comment

Yes BF2 has missed a RIDICULOUS amount of awesome opportunities. They could have done SOOOOOOOO much with this game, but its just not there. Sure its a great game as it is now, but think of all of the things that were missed out on, or unfinished. Look in your localization files, and look at all the things left out!

Where is the calling in for airstrikes, or BH with rockets? Where did these things go? Why did they get left out? Where are the awesome naval battles that once ruled over BF1942? Where did THOSE go?

So many things left out. So many things unfinished in this game. It could have been the single greatest shooter ever created, yet DICE and EA are too lazy, or not skilled enough, to manage to put it right....

Mods ftw.

Comment

I find modern combat footage utterly horrifying. Particularly that seemingly innocuous link of about 20 people being blown to bits. What the hell is wrong with you?

It's a game you ****ing psycho. Don't post links to stuff like this unless it carries a strong warning.

Oh and by the way, your tone doesn't exactly help your cause much, what with launching into posts on the basis that everyone on this forum are bonifide asshats who just won't get your radical opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                            Yes BF2 has missed a RIDICULOUS amount of awesome opportunities. They could have done SOOOOOOOO much with this game, but its just not there. Sure its a great game as it is now, but think of all of the things that were missed out on, or unfinished. Look in your localization files, and look at all the things left out!

Where is the calling in for airstrikes, or BH with rockets? Where did these things go? Why did they get left out? Where are the awesome naval battles that once ruled over BF1942? Where did THOSE go?

So many things left out. So many things unfinished in this game. It could have been the single greatest shooter ever created, yet DICE and EA are too lazy, or not skilled enough, to manage to put it right....

Mods ftw.
                            Dont you think they tested those opportunities? Yes they were there for a reason! Of course they did.
                            You talk about naval battles in 1942? this is BF2.
                            You say this 'could' have been the best FPS shooter ever? Well is it? You are still here posting! Why aint you posting on the 'best shooter ever website'?
                            Dont get me wrong, i do partially agree, it could be better! But its as good as they could get it! (and yes they are skilled) just remember they are trying to keep everyone happy. NOT just the hardcore forum users!
                            General, everyday gamers also play this game, this is where EA make money!
                            IMHO EA have done a very good job in keeping everyone 'kind of' happy.
                            I used to be a 'general' gamer, but now im a hardcore FPS gamer, so i see both sides.

If you can find better (which you obviousy cant(the reason your still here)) then let me know! Honestly im interested!

Comment

Lol, this thread is so funny :laugh:

BF has never ever been about realism or even a simulation of realism, it is arcade, always was, always will be. Nothing more.

And to the OP, see a doctor or something mate, posting links to stuff like that is out of order.

Scort.

Comment

Working...
                              X