Does 128 MB GFX let me fly jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 128 MB GFX let me fly jets?

I have recently had big problemos with GFX cards :P soo my local PC shop says he got a good GFX that works and his mates are working with it on BF2 but will a 128 MB card enable me to fly a jet :-| I could not bare to play BF2 and not fly one jet.

Thanks in advance

Re: Does 128 MB GFX let me fly jets?

Depends what 128MB card it is. Its the the amount of MB that matters with the graphics card, its the chipset. Here are the cards you should look at:
    X800/X1900 series
    6600GT/6800GT/7600GT/7900GT

Anything other than that will suck.

Comment

which 128mb card is it

i can name hundreds of them and their performace differs massivly

Comment

Originally posted by Death Merchant
        which 128mb card is it

i can name hundreds of them and their performace differs massivly
        Thats right. The RAM is irrelevant. If its a 6600GT then alright. If its a 9200SE or something its gonna suck no matter if its got 128MB or 6GB of RAM.

Comment

Hey guys, thnks for replys.. all I know is it has a 7 in it tehe I did not here exactly what he said he just said the one I took in is nacerd I have on in the back, he goes in back then says a couple of my friends boys are playing with this on BF2 but his friends boys may be fags and not go in jets nd stuff :'(

Comment

7300 ?? if so stay clear its S$%T dunno if u have agp or pci-e though

Comment

well its gonna be AGP and its around $80 on a cheap price??/

Comment

Find out the name of the card, then we can let you know if it's good. A "7" doesn't mean much really...could be an X700.

Comment

lol... I thought he said a x700 but all I know it was a pretty big box had 128 MB on it and thats all I will let ya all know what it is soon when I get my refund for my other card and buy the new one tehe this would be my 3rd card in like a month

Comment

You should make sure what card it is before you buy it

Comment

im guessing its a geforce 5700? and wat settings ru playing at? on all low, with my old 5200 128mb, i could fly jets without much lag

Comment

well tbh I don't know when I get ma refunnds for ma other cars on monday I think, He said to phone him then I am gonna send money via pp to him then go down and pick it up. Before I do I will prob ask him for the model.

Comment

ok, post in this thread again when you find out

Comment

The other thing that will help is actual system memory. But you need a VGA more, since you can't play without one make sure you get the model, before you buy it and let us know, dont throw your money out, specially at a computer shop, they will sell whatever they can.

Comment

My advice keep away from that card really spend around 100 dollars more for a 7600GT or whatever don't buy something big/expensive since Vista isn't around the corner (But will be out next year) but you may be dissapointed when your expensive card can't run any games at that time.

Originally posted by ikillnothing
                              7300 ?? if so stay clear its S$%T dunno if u have agp or pci-e though
                              It plays Battlefield 2 fine on low with 2048MB Ram and 2X160GB SATA in RAID 0! The only thing is my maps load fine and faster than my old system but my graphics ugh.. With everything tweaked at max and a little bit of overclocking I get 160 FPS on everything low except for Geometry (High) and effects Medium. And that's if I look straight to the ground as infantry.

But (Of course there's a but) as soon as I point opwards and look forward it dips to 80 And in a firefight it dips to 30

Comment

Working...
                              X