Takes along time to logg into EA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takes along time to logg into EA

It used to take me a few seconds to connect to EA once starting the game...

now its taking about 5-10 minutes to connect and when it does it says i have lot my net connection but i have cable?

any suggestions please?

Cheers,
    Ash

anyone??

anyone??

Re: Takes along time to logg into EA

r u talking about connecting to account server?

to make it go faster, i have found that deleting the stuff in
    C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\LogoCache

and

C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles

this will delete ur account from ur computer, but u can retrieve it with EA and all ur stats will be saved (theres no harm in deleting this stuff except u might have to reset ur controls and video settings and stuff) and after retrieving, u should be able to log in faster

Comment

i could understand that but its a fresh install of xp and bf2 so these folders shouldnt be full of junk if ya get me. ill try it but i dont think this will work it says a message about im not connected to the internet but i have cable so im wondering if its somthing to do with bf2 and the web? maybe?

and sorry yes the account server

Comment

idk it could be a myriad of things...like i find that sometimes on the weekends, it takes longer to log into bf2...or it can b ur internet connection like soemtimes my T1 connection goes out cuz of "maintenence" or some other unknown reason

Comment

my brother lives across the road has same connection with same provider and his goes onto the ea account after about 5 seconds where mine takes 5mintues... its annoying but it looks like ill have to put up with it ;/ thanks anyway.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

been looking around on the web and i found the soloution for anyone else that has the same problem as myself!
          reolution is so simple. for some reason its a error within the link code for your 'Play BF2 ONLINE' icon, if you use the 'Play bf2' icon it works everytime i really dont understand it but it works so i hope this helps people in the future!!

enjoy...

Comment

Working...
          X