let him pass over you, and then shoot at him

Comment

Re: J-10 v AA

lolz dont even try,
      unless the j-10 is flying really slow and in a stright line

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
        Can the J-10 be shot down by AA? If so how? I'm sick of tryin' and dyin'
        yes,, done it many times in both mobile AA and the positioned AA

if im in positioned AA and i see the plane coming back around i jump out of the AA and move, if the pilot knows where it is they will shoot it, if not they cant track an empty seat, so when he passes just get back in again and light him up

Comment

I must be missing something. I've tried the trick of waiting until they pass and then jumping in and just can't get it to work. The missiles just seem to lock on to flares or even if they lock on to the jet, they just end up going in the wrong direction. Of course if you wait for the flares then the jet is out of range.

It's frustrating. I'm not very skilled at this game, but with every other aspect I can see what I am doing wrong and I am improving with practice. Not with the AA though. I would love to see a video of someone succesfully using the static AA.

Comment

One tip, keep the jet at the bottom of the lock circle.

Comment

I managed once to shoot down 2 J10's attacking the capped airfield at Wake. They couldn't rearm so they did their best to shoot the airfield in order to help their teammates to recapture it.
              Ive entered the AA station, died like 2-3 times while trying and at the third try Ive managed to take them down. One after another.

Comment

Trust me... being on the other end of things... if it goes ANYWHERE in their direction, you got a hit on them.

It takes 33% off so wait until they come around again and pop them with 2.

Always ALWAYS keep in mind that you can't just sit in the AA. You WILL die.. that kind of goes without saying though. You don't actualy wait until they pass over, just wait until they are at the "point-of-no-return" (IE where they are flying towards you... you hop in when you think it would be too late for them to do anything.. then just get a solid lock. If they drop flares, GREAT... next time they come around, you can get 2 missles off, they will be down to 1/3 health.

Ever since 1.3 AA rarely misses. No matter what the jet.

Oh, and, if you ever play on a map with mobile AA, those things are a nightmare. You will shoot down so many jets if you get in one and know how to use it. Even in an F-18, if you have no flares and a mobile AA has a lock on you... say goodbye. lol

Comment

it doesnt always work but if possible, ping them coming forward so the drop flare and by the time they pass over you you should have a clear shot.

Another thing, when they drop flare, lift the sights right up over them so it loses lock (its only following the flare anyway) and bring it straight back down, 9 times out of 10 the highest thing to lock to is them while the flares are falling below - bang bang and smile at getting another aa kill.

Comment

That explains a lot. I had no idea that a missile only took 1/3 off. For some reason i just assumed if my missiles were hitting, then i would be getting kills.

So you just have to hope they come back the same way or were already damaged?

I appreciate you are helpng the team a lot by knocking those jets down to third health, but its not really a great deal of fun sitting by an aa emplacement waiting to be sniped and with no indication you are being succesful.

Comment

Even wit all that. Sometimes the AA just corkscrews off into space

Comment

A good J10 pilot is hard to bring down with AA. All of the tips above are good advice.

One time my squad and I broke up and manned every AA position we controlled on Wake - teamwork definitley helped. We were dropping J10s like crazy.

Comment

Yes, i got my expert AA on the US side on Daqin

Comment

Originally posted by Giantbstard
                            with no indication you are being succesful.

Herts ftw! o/

When you get a hit you should see a little cross blink very quickly in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by Need_2_Kill
                              Yes, i got my expert AA on the US side on Daqin
                              I've never actually heard of someone getting that award legit, good for you lol.

You didn't resort to the cheap commander tactic of sitting in airdefense and using arty to rack up the AA kills.

Comment

Working...
                              X