X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a little help about graphics cards

Originally posted by troybob
    for you maybe.
    erm... its like saying you want to buy a brandnew sports car for £5000, when for that little money all you can buy is a vw polo or something equally crap.

a midrange card costs anywhere from £90-£150, buy something cheaper and it will be crap and a waste of money.

and you know what? if you cant afford it......... save up some more money untill you can!!

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
      erm... its like saying you want to buy a brandnew sports car for £5000, when for that little money all you can buy is a vw polo or something equally crap.

a midrange card costs anywhere from £90-£150, buy something cheaper and it will be crap and a waste of money.

and you know what? if you cant afford it......... save up some more money untill you can!!
      i could spend more money and get a better card but i dont want too its not worth it to me
      can anyone answer my question about the x800 and x1300 then?

Comment

Originally posted by chatty
        well can anyone tell me if the x800 128mb x1300 are any good and which would be the best

Both of those cards suck :/ and the x1300 ahaha thats totally ****e....

the cards you want are: 7600gt, 6800gt, 6800ultra or x850.
        2nd choice: x800XT, x800XL or x800PRO

i could spend more money and get a better card but i dont want too its not worth it to me
        can anyone answer my question about the x800 and x1300 then?

OK then..

buy the x1300 and enjoy it rofl.......
        or what about a 6200 TURBO cache??

Comment

is the 9800 pro any good?

Comment

hi well to play bf2 or bf2142 i need a new graphics card i live in the uk but a friend in hawaii is coming over and i can get him to get one for me but it has to be from a compusa store heres a link to the cards they've got
            what would be the best card for under $130 there?
            (there are hardly any in stock at the store)
            i would of went for the x800 pro 256mb but they have none in stock but what would be better?
            the x800 pro 128mb or x1300 256mb
            but are there any better ones there? could you tell me and i can check the stock
            ps the card has to be AGP
            thanks in advance
            Hold your horses Buck!
            Look at some benchmarks online for the cards you're considering.
            And you don't have to get your friend from Hawaii to get you a card, there's plenty of good retailers in the UK.

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

And even, www.pcworld.co.uk

GRAM won't make a huge difference on performance, look for cards with a clock speed of 1GHZ or higher.
            The x1300 SE isn't a great card either, with Far Cry on 4xAA and 8xAF it could only hit a mere 4.2fps, whereas the x800XL could hit a nice 58.1fps.
            If you can afford it, step up to the x850XT PE, you should be able to run BF2 on all high cleanly, as long as the rest of your system can keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by iKettles
              Hold your horses Buck!
              Look at some benchmarks online for the cards you're considering.
              And you don't have to get your friend from Hawaii to get you a card, there's plenty of good retailers in the UK.
              www.scan.co.uk
              www.dabs.co.uk
              www.overclock.co.uk
              www.overclockers.co.uk
              And even, www.pcworld.co.uk

GRAM won't make a huge difference on performance, look for cards with a clock speed of 1GHZ or higher.
              The x1300 SE isn't a great card either, with Far Cry on 4xAA and 8xAF it could only hit a mere 4.2fps, whereas the x800XL could hit a nice 58.1fps.
              If you can afford it, step up to the x850XT PE, you should be able to run BF2 on all high cleanly, as long as the rest of your system can keep up.
              did you read this whole thread, he clearly has said that he only wants a card from compusa.

Chatty the 9800 pro is a very old card and its not very fast, I would deffinatly recommend the x800 pro from compusa for 99.98 the other choice i found is the geforce 6800ultra for the same price.

here is a link to some benchmarks backing up these two cards.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...ay/r420-2.html

Comment

Why does he have to buy it from Hawaii exactly??? It's way easier to just buy it online or in the UK...

Comment

Working...
                X