Gaming personalitys of countrys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming personalitys of countrys

Now before i begin i would just like to say that im not trying to be racist im just bringing up an interesting point(well...i find it interesting), No offence intended. Also i couldent think of a title for this so....i dont mean the entire gaming community of a country

I have been playing bf2 for along time now, and also been a member of this forum/website for a couple of months. Alot of threads on this forum have been about the various exploits and general bad sportsmanship? (couldent think of a better word, but you get the point). I am, what you would call a "Pub Gamer" i play for fun and nothing serious. I rarely experience any exploiting or bad sportsmanship. I live in Australia and play on Australian servers, obviously, but i have a friend that lives over in America and another in England. My mate in England says that on the servers he plays on he also experiences rare exploiting and classic "*******, noobish" call it what you will behaviour. My friend in America says that when he plays on the servers over there, there is constant exploiting and most of the "pub" gamers are idiots and make a terrible gaming experience for the gamers who actually want to play for fun (the good kind). Bringing me to my point, it seems to me that players in America (a large percent, or small percent of gamers i dont know) are alot more agressive and mabye even through the countrys gaming culture have given rise to alot of assholes then in other countries.

Now again im definitly not saying America is a country full of idiots, actually most the people i have met there have been extremely nice and alot of fun to play with (nothin' suss). There may be some people who think i have no idea what im talking about and think i should shutup, fair enough. But I think this is an interesting point and would like to know your opinions on the matter.

Re: Gaming personalitys of countrys

I think part of the problem is that people in this forum talk more about the bad experiences and less about the good so it sounds a lot worse than it is.

But I think you might be on to something. I think American culture and society seems to place greater emphasis on the individual than the group. Other cultures often see us as rude or selfish. It wouldn't surprise me if some of this was illustrated in the attitudes of American gamers.

Comment

I've had yanks playing with us on Aussie servers and they have generally been very nice to talk with and they play well though their ping is very high causing problems for the rest of us. Same goes for Poms and Europeans playing down under. The guys and gals from Singapore and or Malaisia are good fun and tend to play late at night our time. Unfortunatly they don't all speak English.
      Sounds neat to have your squad mates jabbering away in their native tounge. Bummer when they kick you out of your own sqad though cause they can't understand me.
      The Asian players I've played with would have to be the most polite players in the world.

Comment

I've played with US gamers on bf2 and there great to play with, only negative experience I've had was on that norway sharqi tv2 server. I joined a squad and squad leader was on VOIP chatting away in norwegian and calling my name, i told him i dont understand him and that i only speak english (not a prob i will just tag along and revive resupply etc). next thing the guy is having a go at me in 'english' saying his squad wont speak english for me and that i better find another squad, i replied 'no problem i'll follow and help out', next thing ive been kicked from squad!

Comment

Interesting topic.

I'm an Aussie but run a server in the US. Its based in Seattle and has players from all over the world play on it. Primarily US and Canadians though but we have people from the UK, Germany, France, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, list goes on and on.

Generally speaking I have a better gaming experience and a more challenging experience on our US server than I do on Aussie servers. Gamearena can be the absolute worst servers to play on at times. People calling each other pizza hut noobs (nobody out of Oz will understand this), weak gameplay, base raping noobs and absolutely 0 admins on, tk's galore, unbalanced teams, all the other admined servers rejects etc etc. I also find the general day to day standard to be very average, compared to most US servers. Most Aussie's would get their *** handed to them on US servers.

Having said that poor sportsmanship occurs all over the world, if it didn't we wouldn't have to kick or ban anyone ever!

Comment

Yeh in my experience ive found the largest smaktardfactor seems to be filled by american players (ive heard a lot of them on VOIP).., having said that ive also had some very good squad experiences with them too but unfortunatly its far outweighed by the idiocy. Im from UK and tend not to play in US based servers anyhow as my ping isnt very good at all, even on eastcoast servers but i meet quite a few of them on euroservers.

Uk players tend to be mostly in it just for fun ive found..., although the younger players seem to be kind of lacking in attention span and their whiney voices just make me wanna go watch TV LOL.

German players tend to be very funny to play with and are generally excellent squadmates.., unless they are in a clan and that seems to turn them into mega-4n4l players for some reason. However they seem to be the most accomodating to english speaking players.

Yes ive played alongside norwegians too.., some are very funny but most of them seem to take their gaming too seriously and ive kicked out of many norwegian servers (not due to high ping) for my global location more than anything else. They dont seem too forgiving to those who dont speak their lang.

French players tend to be good.., although they seem to take offense VERY quickly when your pwning them lol. I cant really say if ive been in many french voip squads.

Ive met a few spanish players too in tourney and they are very serious gamers but funny as hell when you get their sense of humour, personally i dont think they care about the lang barrier as ive been in a couple of full spanish squad all screaming in catalan (or w/e it is) they they stop and try to speak english in a calm slow voice, lotas giggles.

Having said all that, personally i dont expect to be "cut some slack" because i dont speak the native lang, after all thats what the ingame commands are for no?. If im kicked from a squad coz of my nationality then its no biggie to me really. Unless they start talking smak just because im from UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ramsie1
              I've played with US gamers on bf2 and there great to play with, only negative experience I've had was on that norway sharqi tv2 server. I joined a squad and squad leader was on VOIP chatting away in norwegian and calling my name, i told him i dont understand him and that i only speak english (not a prob i will just tag along and revive resupply etc). next thing the guy is having a go at me in 'english' saying his squad wont speak english for me and that i better find another squad, i replied 'no problem i'll follow and help out', next thing ive been kicked from squad!
              Yeah, we norwegians are dickheads that way.

Comment

When I see a (GER) in someones name, I usually think of a padder or exploiter:laugh:

Anyhow, my favorite server to play on was the British {SAS} server. Great group of guys and teamplay came natural. I'll have to see if they are still running their server. . . I've also had great experiences on the =TAW=, [UTAC], [GI*JOE], Black_Ops, and HAF clan servers as well which are primarily American or Canadian. I guess the moral of the story is that it doesn't matter what country you are playing with, only how good the admins are.

Comment

I'm German and I only play on west/central european servers due to the ping.

Yeah, we norwegians are dickheads that way.
                  Lol. But I gotta say most of the bad experiences I've had where on Scandinavian Servers. They have tons of good servers though.

On Uk servers people tend to be very fair and they are very big in teamplay. Sometimes I find those servers a bit too serious and I dont always wanna join them on voip.

I don't like German servers much. People on there are often way too serious. They'll burst out in a rampage of rage if u "accidentialy" shoot a chopper hovering over an uncamp. If u crash your plane into theirs they'll find out your home address and massacre your family.

French servers are quite pleasant and usually they're not filled with uber pro's. A bit whinny sometimes though.

Austrian, dutch, belgian etc. all kinda blend in somewhere in between.

All exgerated of course, most of the time I don't even notice where the server I'm playing on is hosted.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRqUe?
                    Now before i begin i would just like to say that im not trying to be racist im just bringing up an interesting point(well...i find it interesting), No offence intended. Also i couldent think of a title for this so....i dont mean the entire gaming community of a country

I have been playing bf2 for along time now, and also been a member of this forum/website for a couple of months. Alot of threads on this forum have been about the various exploits and general bad sportsmanship? (couldent think of a better word, but you get the point). I am, what you would call a "Pub Gamer" i play for fun and nothing serious. I rarely experience any exploiting or bad sportsmanship. I live in Australia and play on Australian servers, obviously, but i have a friend that lives over in America and another in England. My mate in England says that on the servers he plays on he also experiences rare exploiting and classic "*******, noobish" call it what you will behaviour. My friend in America says that when he plays on the servers over there, there is constant exploiting and most of the "pub" gamers are idiots and make a terrible gaming experience for the gamers who actually want to play for fun (the good kind). Bringing me to my point, it seems to me that players in America (a large percent, or small percent of gamers i dont know) are alot more agressive and mabye even through the countrys gaming culture have given rise to alot of assholes then in other countries.

Now again im definitly not saying America is a country full of idiots, actually most the people i have met there have been extremely nice and alot of fun to play with (nothin' suss). There may be some people who think i have no idea what im talking about and think i should shutup, fair enough. But I think this is an interesting point and would like to know your opinions on the matter.
                    I'll agree with you. Just the other day I was saying on the server to an Australian teammate "Players from Aussie are the best to play with, they're mature". In my experience in many online games, from TFC to WoW to Quake to Unreal to BF2 to Counterstrike, etc., the best games I've had have been late at night when the Australians come on, and in large part, many European players. I'm in Canada in PST time zone, and the best time to play is around 10pm - 2am PST.

Around 8pm PST or so, the "Eastern" (New York) players stop dropping, then one hour later the Central players stop dropping, and the maturity level increases and the quality of players and teammanship increases as well.

Now not all American and Canadian players are immature or are assholes, but I'd say that when they are playing, there are more incidents of rudeness, aggressiveness, cheating, griefing, and lack of team play. I'm not going to go into a sociology discussion as to why I think they are this way, but IME they are. I tend to be more aggressive myself when these players are on, since they seem to push my buttons.

However, once my Aussie players come on, I settle down and can play the game competitively, but without the aggressive traits I could otherwise normally exhibit, and enjoy the teamwork and gameplay much more.

Comment

I have found UK servers to be the best with the best rules/etc.

No offense to anyone, but I have found German gamers to expect everyone around them to speak German as well. I have asked a few people about this and they all agree.

US servers I have not had great experiences in.

Comment

Well the thing with american servers alot of kids play... (10-15 or so)

American kids are little b*tches more often than not. Insomnia servers are filled with them... after school is so bad (2:00 pm EST - 4:00 pm EST - whenever)

But yeah, being an american myself, 70% of the population here my age is ****ing retarded (16-20).

Comment

Originally posted by RingPirate
                          I don't like German servers much. People on there are often way too serious. They'll burst out in a rampage of rage if u "accidentialy" shoot a chopper hovering over an uncamp. If u crash your plane into theirs they'll find out your home address and massacre your family.
                          True true. Not surprising though. These days you see a lot of spoiled and disrespectful airheads on the streets. Some of them seem to manage installing bf2 however. Hate them.
                          More than once has someone tried to bore me with lines like:
                          "§$"&§$%!§"!$"
                          "where do you live?"
                          "ooooh, i got a cousin there, he's 18"

Comment

Haha! "ooh, I got a cousin there.." So true.

Comment

Keep in mind that you're going to run into more asshat players from the US simply because there are many more of players from the US than some of the countries folks have mentioned - more players = more asshat players.

Comment

Working...
                              X