No announcement yet.

How Do I Use EF Guns On Normal Servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Use EF Guns On Normal Servers?

I was playing on vanilla BF2 earlier today when I killed someone and picked up their Medic kit which came with a FAMAS. After a little investigation, I realised that it was from EF pack and decided that for £6 it was worth a go, so I bought it.

I can play on the three new maps with the EF guns but I can't seem to use them on any of the old maps. How did the person do this? I love the P90 since it makes the AT class playable in my opinion and some of the other new guns are really good fun too, but my friends don't have EF and I want to play with them.

Now I've done some searches and everyone says this is impossible. But I know a FAMAS when I see one, and I've used it since in EF and it's the same gun. So what happened here?

Can anyone help? Thanks .

Re: How Do I Use EF Guns On Normal Servers?

Originally posted by Tunga
    I was playing on vanilla BF2 earlier today when I killed someone and picked up their Medic kit which came with a FAMAS. After a little investigation, I realised that it was from EF pack and decided that for £6 it was worth a go, so I bought it.

I can play on the three new maps with the EF guns but I can't seem to use them on any of the old maps. How did the person do this? I love the P90 since it makes the AT class playable in my opinion and some of the other new guns are really good fun too, but my friends don't have EF and I want to play with them.

Now I've done some searches and everyone says this is impossible. But I know a FAMAS when I see one, and I've used it since in EF and it's the same gun. So what happened here?

Can anyone help? Thanks .
    U can use ur EF guns??!!! i thought only SF and unlocks..

Comment

Welcome to TBF2.

Well, that is a very interesting post you have made there. This is the first I have heard of such a thing. I am very sure that many of us EF regulars would love nothing more than to bring the FAMAS and L85A2.

I hope this topic blows up because I would like to know more.

Comment

You don't, well you can unlock the P90 in vanilla. As for what youi thought was a FAMAS, was most likely a L85A1.

Comment

yea its only with SF you can get extra unlocks, but u can unlock them on regular bf2

Comment

Maybe a skin swap job?

The "Pay to Try" expansion packs and the utter abandonment of SF is disgraceful and shows that EA cares not about quality, rather they are about graphs showing the number of units moved and the revenue generated by said sales.

How hard would it have been to add the EU (Complete with weapons and bad voice overs) to the standard BF2 armies? I don't buy the "Too much memory" argument at all.

Why even bother releasing these expansion packages if they aren't cross compatible with the existing game?

As for which EF gun I'd like to see in vanilla thats easy, HK-21.

Comment

I used to not buy the idea either, but a lot of people not note how poor the game performs now compaired to when it was released. Maybe the inclusion of SF did have an impact on the game with some of the patches and adding EF in would realy take a hit.

Comment

yeah there is a big performance drop from playing the demo to 1.4

which is why i prefer playing the demo

Comment

Originally posted by BulletToothTony
                  You don't, well you can unlock the P90 in vanilla. As for what youi thought was a FAMAS, was most likely a L85A1.
                  ...I agree, they're using unlocks. The L85a1 is super accurate and is my medic unlock of choice, but it doesn't have much punch. The best EU weapon used as an unlock in vanilla is definitly the AT's P90 (50 rounds in a mag :shock I think picking up one of those in vanilla got me to buy the EU expansion pack.

Comment

yup u cant get it

Comment

Working...
                    X