Will this laptop run BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this laptop run BF2?

Not sure if the video card will handle it. But will it run with LOW settings do you think?

Thanks!

Re: Will this laptop run BF2?

128MB shared memory video card and 512 MB of ram probably wouldn't cut it. You need a video card with dedicated memory... 1GB ram minimal... Plus it is a wide screen, which I have heard that BF2 has no support for wide screen.

I would not recommend this to anyone wanting to do much gaming beyond MOHAA technology.

Comment

Ok thanks!

Could you recommend several laptop models that would run BF2 for under $1,000?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

You can always try the demo. My laptop can run it with an ATI Mobility Radion 9200... on widescreen. The processor is gonna be a pain though.

Comment

Nope, not in this lifetime. I'm running a Inspiron 9400 w/nVidia 7900GC and I can play at med setting @ 1600x1200, no AA or AF. The widescreen doesn't work in BF2. You are going to be hard pressed to find a laptop that will run "playable" games for under a grand. Maybe try ACER?

Comment

There's a workaround for widescreen. I run at 1920x1200 on my Dell XPS Gen2. Everything maxed out and it's butter smooth.

Comment

A decent gaming laptop from under a grand... That is a tall order. I don't know of any.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834224054 - Not the best but at least you should be able to play BF2.

or this one and get an extra stick of memory later: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220084

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHappy2005
                  There's a workaround for widescreen. I run at 1920x1200 on my Dell XPS Gen2. Everything maxed out and it's butter smooth.
                  same here on my M170. (unfortunately the fix is not true widescreen).
                  @Radar-C}{G- just because something has widescreen doesnt mean it wont be able to play the game. usually the screen will crop the edges with black bars to it displays correctly.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

how fast is the procceser

Comment

My laptop has 2 gb memory, 100gb hard drive, 2ghz Centrino processor, NVidia Gforce Go 6800 which i got through work, that was under a grand, retail i think theyre about £1200...but im guessing you mean dollars?

If you can find a laptop for under $1000 dollars that can play BF2 well......let me know

Mine can play all medium settings fine.

You would be better off with a desktop, higher spec for your money

Comment

128MB shared memory video card and 512 MB of ram probably wouldn't cut it. You need a video card with dedicated memory... 1GB ram minimal... Plus it is a wide screen, which I have heard that BF2 has no support for wide screen.
                        I play on a 20.1 Widescreen LG, and it works great.

Comment

Working...
                        X