Shooting through walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting through walls

being killed through walls is really annoying. ...concrete walls and train cars and the such. there isnt really a point to this thread but i have too much time on my hands.

Re: Shooting through walls

so what?
    BF2 physics sux

Comment

sounds like the glitchers and hackers and what not found some ways around patch 1.4 fixes.

Comment

yea i get real TO when I get shot through walls, and the floors at the construction site on sharqi! but I guess it all part of the game.

Comment

can u get shot through concrete walls? u mightve been prone and ur feet sticking out through the walls make u vulnerable...

and its sortof like real life..u cant trust thin pieces of metal to block bullets for u

Comment

dont go prone in the corner of a room or train car, either move forward slightly and prone or just crouch!

and yes it is dumb, im able to snipe someones foot and kill them :/

Comment

This could be so many issues:

As Zippor suggested, when you are prone against a wall your feet stick out. This is physics feature. It also happens when you facing the wall. I can't tell you how many people I have killed because the were strafing a fence facing it so I could their gun sticking through and just before they reached the fence opening I opened fire killing them as they walked through, before they had a chance to fire a single shot at me.

This could be physics perception issue: This is where you think you are tucked around the corner or away from the edge of a roof top, because it looks that way to you, but the other guy sees you are sticking a foot or two out from the corner or over the roof ledge... I actually experimented with this concept at a lan party. When you get killed you think that the only that the only way that could have happened is if the shooter was shooting through the wall/building, when in fact the game's physics engine made you visible to the shooter.

Another thing is ping/timing perception which is similar the physics perception issue. Even though you think you rounded a corner several seconds ago, the shooter still sees you and you die. It is strange behavior, but happens to me all the time.

It could also be that the BF2 physics engine has a penetration model for textures. This means that while a bulelt cannot pass through a foot of concrete it can pass through a tin fence, wood or similar material. This is somewhat more realistic than BF42 and BFV. In the real world M16 round can pass through a 2x4 fence post and hit an enemy which didn't happen in either of the BF games before BF2.

Your safest bet is to team up, keep moving and never run from a fight... go down in a blaze of glory rather than running for cover. Even if you die and don't get the kill, someone in your team should be able to finish the other guy off giving you a kill assist. At least then you would get the a point for the kill rather than nothing at all.

Comment

i know WHY it happens, its just dumb, usually when i lay down by concrete walls parts of me dont end up on the other side, i dont know about you guys though

Comment

when you go prone part of you can go through the wall

Comment

I like that you can shoot through walls, make it more realistic. Sure, it does get annoying when your running away from a tank and the only refuge is a tin fence, but that's what makes it so fun

Comment

if you were actually shooting through walls thats fine, but its ridiculous that you can get knifed or sniped because your foot is sticking through a wall

Comment

it is an issue, but it would be hard to fix

one mod for half life called firearms tried to fix this issue where when proning, u wouldnt clip by having it be so that u couldnt prone in small spaces, which got to be pretty annoying when u kept getting the message "cannot prone here, find more space" or something like that

they also have this issue in plenty of other games like DoD and DoD source..

Comment

Working...
                        X