Crashes to desktop right when i click join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes to desktop right when i click join

I've played bf2 for a while, but recently when i join a game bf2 crashes and it does the same thing after restart, it crashes right when i double click any server to join, and another problem that did not start at the same time but was present throughout the time i played bf2 if i quit bf2 i would have to restart in order to play again because it would say something like failed to load and send or dont send to microsoft blah blah. HELP ME PLEASE

PS: how do i check which patch i have im pretty sure I have the newest one but just incase !

specs:
    Opteron 165 dual core oced to 2.4ghz
    2GB OCZ Gold
    36GB Raptor
    Geforce 7900GT

Re: Crashes to desktop right when i click join

Patch 1.4 = 1.1.2963-795-0 you'll see this in the top right corner,

try pressing the Esc key after the map loads when the Join button appears

Comment

well i got the crashing fixed but does anyone else have the error where you quit bf2 and when you try to play again itll say error opening and send or dont send bug to microsoft, and you have to restart to open bf2 again?

Comment

How did you fix this issue?
        Because i'm experiencing the same problem. Everytime i click on "Join game" the game crashes to desktop.
        Lan is working fine (i've tried to start a server and can "play" on it)

My Sys: AMD X2 Dual Core, Gforce 7800, 2GB Ram, Audigy 4 Sound on windows XP, latest updates installed

Comment

yea same. how did u fix it????????

Comment

lol, yea me too. and i thought repatching and reinstalling the game will work, but then after endless times trying to play online, and experiencing invalid cdkey again and again, and reinstalling the game for a couple of times, i decided to buy a new set of bf2 and SF....and voila, it works.....only for a day.....then i was like, what the hell??? and now, i'm building a new pc, hope it works there, if not, i have nothing to say already.....:cry:

Comment

THIS GAME IS A BUG..imo getting the same sh!t

Comment

i think it might to do with EA link have all of you updated to EA link?

Comment

I hadn't played BF2 for over a week and when I did try to join the game completely went away. The only thing I had done was upgrade to the new EAlink. I tried to re-install the full 1.4 patch and the installer went away. I could launch the game in single player and any installed mods but multiplayer was no go. I navigated to the support folder in BF2 directory and ran Battlefield2_code. Put my key back in and and tried to update 1.4 again. Now it couldn't find the install folder.

I did a google search "can't find install folder BF2" and found this in the forums:

1.Go To Start > Run > Type "regedit" (without quotes)

2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2

3. Then right click on the right hand window and go on NEW string value,then enter InstallDir for the string name and for the value enter
                  (whatever your BF2 Path is)C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 was my path!

ran the 1.4 patch and all was well again.

I am not knowledgeable, take my response with caution, I only posted because of the EAlink posting, plus the common problems others had. This may have been a totally different issue.

Thanks to those that got me running again fairly quickly!

T

Comment

Working...
                  X