Which mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which mod

I was thinking about downloading a mod, something with nice scopes, and modern war, realism, and possibly no vehicles.
    Any recomondations?

Re: Which mod

well theres always

Point Of Existance
    and
    Desert Conflict
    and
    Project Reality
    theres some good mods you should check out

Comment

Point of Existence is probably the most fleshed out mod with about 400 servers hosting it.. You might wanna start there, and as you get mod fever start checking out other ones..

Comment

^agree with that.

Comment

I would also reccomend Unied States Intervention.

Comment

Conflict Canada its not out yet but when it will be released you guys will be blown away.

Comment

desert conflict has been released?

how good is this mod?

Comment

Give all the mods a try. Lots of hard work in them all. I suggest PRMM, USI, OPK, RC, and PoE of course for what is out now. "Coming Soon" we have sooooooo many more good mods. My advice is check them all out as there is some wonderful work out there.

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_Mullet
                  Give all the mods a try. Lots of hard work in them all. I suggest PRMM, USI, OPK, RC, and PoE of course for what is out now. "Coming Soon" we have sooooooo many more good mods. My advice is check them all out as there is some wonderful work out there.
                  I agree with Mullet 110%!!!

It also depends on what your looking for bro.

No Desert Conflict has not been released - only the CTF (Capture the Flag), version, which has none of their work (renders) in it, its only a new game mode so far.

Single Player/COOP mods are looking really hot as well.

I try them all out, and I have yet to DL one that I haven't found something I like in each one. Not all are for me of course, but 3/4 of the fun is playing with new toys .... right? But to take any "one" perspective/opinion on a mod is only going to hinder your appreciation for what is out there. I suggest you try each one yourself, get a feel for it, then decide which best suits your personal flavor. :rock:

Comment

Just read the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by STEELHED
                      Point of Existence is probably the most fleshed out mod with about 400 servers hosting it.. You might wanna start there, and as you get mod fever start checking out other ones..
                      But usually less than 100 players actually playing at any given time

Comment

Yeah, PoE2 is a great starting point to really understand what mods do. Of course diffrent mods resolve to diffrent area's of the battle field. Like IS:Nitro is based off Interstate 76, Brick Field is based off lego's fight each other :P. But PoE2 is a great place to start with. They have a fan base that continue's to grow and more and more servers get populated.

Comment

I have never seen PoE with less than 100 players online. Most of the time it is 200+ during the week and around 500+ at night and weekends.

Comment

one thing that bugged me about poe2 was the graphics and textures when driving..that just sortof bothered me, but its still fun other than that

Comment

This was our first release, we simply didnt have time to do the number of vehicles we wanted AND do the seperate models for the interiors. Dont worry, they are on our list of 'to-do's', but they are hard to justify sometimes when most people just switch views and all that hard work never gets seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X