Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what counts as a TOW or Mounted machinegun

hello

I only play BF2 now and then and have been trying to get the VET ground defense badge but even though i killed over 10 people from the back of a HMMV on the MG it didnt give me the badge. My stats page tells me i have the other requirements so what am i missing ?

in game name is DSVONE

Is that not a mounted machine gun on the HMMV vehicle and the opnes on anks etc ?

apologies for noob question but when you play casually like me every badge is great to get

Re: what counts as a TOW or Mounted machinegun

best way i found to get the Vet ground defence badge, was to be the commander using the TOW missile or be in one of the bunkers on a machine gun,

Comment

i think theyre guns that u have to press E to use

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
        best way i found to get the Vet ground defence badge, was to be the commander using the TOW missile or be in one of the bunkers on a machine gun,
        What he said.

You can easily get the awards for Tow, Mounted Machine Gun, and AA by commanding from them in your uncap. Arty kills are what does it and if you have the time requirement.

Comment

A mounted Machene gun atop a vehicle does not count as a Ground Defense.

Comment

you need to be in the stand alone tripod mounted rocket launchers, or the fixed MGs on sandbags (or walls) that you see dotted around the map for the ground defence awards.

Comment

this was most helpful to me as well. I been going all this time without even the basic award for Ground defence, and it was that easy. I know now....lol

Comment

a mounted TOW or mounted machine gun counts.

Comment

I got my Vet ground defence doing the old commander on a MG trick, also got Expert AA doing this as well

Comment

Or if you want to earn it fighting...

Dragon valley is littered with TOW units, and has some great line of sight for long-distance kills. That is where I got my badge and ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd-Irish
                      Dragon valley is littered with TOW units, and has some great line of sight for long-distance kills. That is where I got my badge and ribbon.
                      same here

Comment

Working...
                      X