X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain this PB message.

Whenever I try to join ANY server I get this message

PunkBuster Error:
    You have been kicked via PunkBuster (for 0 minutes)
    RESTRICTION: Inedequate O/S privileges.

Re: Explain this PB message.

login as admin and update PB.

Comment

strange concidering i was playing yestreday fine.

Comment

Cheers China Man

They say you have to be an administrator. If your account is admin account you nead to create password for that account. After that try updating PB.

If you are not admin and planning to create new admin account I would recommend you to uninstal BF2 first. When you create new account, while logged in, instal BF2 in that new account and try to instal the game. If you do not do so and you run the game that is instaled on another account, you will receive message "invalid CD key" while trying to join mulitiplayer server. Because of protection it remembers that BF2 with that cd key has been instaled on another pc (or account).
        Again, if you create new admin account insure that you create password for that account. After that I think you should have no problem. I am trying to fix that problem for friend of mine but he is in another country. We are having little problems with communication but surely we will solve the problem.
        Another thing you need to know. YOU NEED TO BE MAIN ADMIN ON THE COMP. If you are not you still might have the problem.
        If this is the truth then both of us would probably need to reinstal windows and to make us main administrators.

Good luck and let me know did you manage to fix the problem.

Hex

Another thing. This is the post from one of the IT brains. Read it carefully and try to do something:

From what I gather...
        The problem is mainly due to people now running the game as a full admin. So If people say 'I can't run the game as full admin because... ' . In which We can't help you, You need to be full admin .
        Stuff like norton ( when badly configured) basically takes away your rights. (literally) It's one of the worst av programs and If you use norton, kindly remove it now. And get something like avg7 .
        I do not want to have the 'no norton is not the problem' discussion. Have you removed it? Does the game work?
        If not then norton wasn't the problem. You are still better not to use it though.

But please do not sit back and argue with me without actually trying it. I'm not saying I'm a computing god that know it all but If you have not willing to try to fix the problem, Then i'm not willing to help.

Spyware or viruses is another cause of these pb kicks. The reason I asked people to post a hijack this log was simple. It's just a way to get a bit of information about your computer. As We can't be expected to ask the exact same questions to everyone who walks in the door...
        You have to get a grasp of the problem and provide us with a certain amount of info before you post. Simply posting the kick message and saying "wtf!" isn't enough...

There is a lot of people posting logs, that are riddled with spyware. Like really full of the sh*t , Some guy posted a while back 'I ran a virus scanner and It detected 153 threats, Anyways the problem is fixed now.' You see the point.
        With that many viruses you are failing with basic pc maintence.

I tell them to post the log in a tech forum, Do they do it?
        Don't know, they do Another disappearing act.

The last cause is a software conflict.
        Stuff like norton , mcafee ( tbh It Can't be directly linked imo but ALOT of people with this kick have it installed) , sp2 firewall or two firewalls or anti-viruses program in use at the same time. Stuff like pop-up blockers for some reason can cause the kicks too.

I know how much you flakey readers like lists so Here It is.

Make Sure you are full admin Of your computer. The reason Why the problem is fixed by re-installing in many cases. Is that Windows xp created an admin account by default when you Install xp.
        Creating An Admin Account

Scan your computer for spyware/viruses or other nasties. I flat out refuse to find any link to scanners and so on. Visit a tech forum and post your hjt log. If you don't get any replies, then post in another tech forum.
        I good site is http://www.hijackthis.de/
        This is Also A useful kick *** thread.

Stop any processes that you might think affect punkbuster. Try running EndItAll2 (I Never used this program personally But It will give a good idea If a software conflict Is at fault.). This will stop all programs that you don't need to play the game. *
        *If Your worried about viruses or such. Use AVG7 and Zonealarm , I use that combo and all my pc's and I have never had any problem.

Do A general Cleanup of your pc. Empty your recycle bin, Just do a general Clean . Also Try a reg cleaner and Make Sure If you find any viruses, You get rid of it from the registery too.
        Btw make your everything is legit your side, Don't complain If you have a cracked copy of the game Or cracked copy of windows.

If all else fails... Contact Evenbalance and Telll them what you have and haven't done.

If everything else really Fails. Try a format and re-install. Remember to back up stuff like mp3's and pics. Personally I think formatting is for wimps. The problem can be fixed if Formatting Works. It goes to show something was wrong your end all the time.
        Answer Me this, IF formatting works and the pb code hasn't changed. Then please tell Me How It's punkbuster's fault....

Comment

Working...
        X