error log dump files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error log dump files?

hi all i cant find my errorlogs or dump logs for the game where should i look thanks

Re: error log dump files?

My Documents\Battlefield 2\
    there should be a folder called 'dmp' thats where the dump files are located

Comment

Re: error log dump files?whats this mean?

Originally posted by iowaminer
      hi all i cant find my errorlogs or dump logs for the game where should i look thanks
      can someone help with this thanks

Comment

i told you were to look. they will be in a format that you wont be able to view, unless you assign them to notepad. it will look like jibberish to you, only Dice would be able to understand them

Comment

[03:53:44:421] Warning EADesktopApp::ReadCoreIniFile Core.ini file found, but the connection info format is bad...
          [03:53:44:421] Warning EADesktopApp::ReadCoreIniFile Could not find FESL connection in Core.ini...
          falling back to default connection...
          [03:56:01:406] Warning EADWinManager::HandleWindowClose Window with name "logger" not found.
          [03:56:01:406] Error EADCommunicator::HandleErrorEvent Fesl::CONN_ERR_DISCONNECTED sorry got ya the first time i didnt get this attached right whats it mean and how do i fix

Comment

uhm.. no idea.

where are you getting the error in the program itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
              uhm.. no idea.

where are you getting the error in the program itself?
              yes after i get conection to server lost

Comment

if you can immediatly reconnect to the server after that then things are fine, if not then the server crashed, dodgy patches and all that

Comment

its doing it all the time on all servers wtf

Comment

try;

Originally posted by jsr
                    Ok after some more testing I seem to be running stable.
                    Again, off a clean windows format/install the problem continued.
                    However, this time I did a few things different:

1-When updating punkbuster I did a manual update (on both client and security files) and then ran the PBsetup tool.
                    Both can be found here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

2-While this probably does not play any part in this problem, it may be worth mentioning. This time around I totally disabled automatic updating in Windows. I really think this may be an unnecessary step because I always had it enabled prior to 1.4, but again, it may play a part so who knows.

3-When in game, I used the cvar "PB_sleep 500" to reduce the number of scans PB did on my game (default is 20 and no this will not get you kicked it's perfectly legal).

About 4.5 hours of playing has not produced a single connection error after taking these three steps.

Granted, some people are probably having the usual driver/firewall/port issues that can be associated with this problem, but for those of you who got the error 1-2 weeks after 1.4 came out like I did, try those steps and see what happens.
                    i dont know much when it comes to this problem, ive never encountered it more than once in a game so can only go through the hundred odd threads using search

Comment

Working...
                    X