Mapping Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Problem

im a beginner modder and whenever i go to play my level, the mini-map is grey without any detail. The water has texture when close, but the farther away the more textureless and grey it becomes. Anyone know how to fix these problems?? I have another problem that is hard to explain so i'll give an example. I make a terrain, put a helicopter FLAT on it. I play my mod, helicopter is 50 degrees and is hanging off a cliff. So pretty much the terrain in the editor differs from the real thing a bit.

Re: Mapping Problem

have you generated your minimap yet?
    if not then go into the editor and load your map press the show button on the righthand side and it will generate the minimap for you.When it comes up on the top left hand side of your screen you can close the editor.

if you have generated your minimap then do this

Now open up c:/program files/eagames/bf2/mods/bf2/levels/Yourmap or wherever you have saved your map and go into the editor file, you will see minimap.dds in there,what you need to do is move it to /hud/minimap. When its in there you are to rename it ingamemap.dds. load up your map and then see if you can see the minimap now.

Comment

Also refer to the bfeditor.org tutorials, these will help immensely in making your map, not to mention the tools that are available like tpaint.

Also you might want to try to investigate more on GILights and learn how they work since they also determine water quality.

Make sure your water isn't running to fast as well (believe it the slower the water the faster it goes and makes sure its not set to 0)

Comment

i've followed tutorials to do everything, these problems seem to pop up out of nowhere.

Comment

Working...
        X