X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Karkand addiction

Originally posted by mwillin0000
    not being able to fly doesnt help
    if you want to overcome this obsticle, start out by creating a local server so you are the only one on the map and learn how to fly. Once you can take off, land, and fly around comfortably, download the 64 player maps for single player and play on a map with the bots. They suck, but will allow you to have targets. Then go get on a real server and I garantee you will be a better pilot.

Comment

i found that road to jalalabad has alot of action like karkand did at the hotel...if u look on ur radar in jalalabad u see the huge masses of red and blue dots togehter and its like one crazy fight

Comment

You should phone karkanders anonymous. They really helped me beat my addiction.

Comment

songhua with IO is awesome. Probably the most underplayed map there is

Comment

Originally posted by cook2s
            songhua with IO is awesome. Probably the most underplayed map there is
            I would not say it is "awesome", but the IO version in 16 player map is pretty good! I would say it is even better then Sharqi 16 in a ton of ways.

Comment

mashtuur >>>>>>> sharqi >>> wake >> jalalabad > karkand as far as "city" maps go. karkand is just a big charlie foxtrot (aka cluster-f**k) of medics humping all over each other.

Comment

hahahaaah NATESOR that is so true
                they should in the next patch (if there is one) take out the "Defibrillator" and bring back the old BF1942 days were you could only heal teammates

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                  I would not say it is "awesome", but the IO version in 16 player map is pretty good! I would say it is even better then Sharqi 16 in a ton of ways.
                  Sharqui's 'Infantry only" 16 playered map is the most imbalanced map in this entire game. Worse than Operation Clean Sweep.

Worse than Wake Island.

Worse than Kubra Dam's 32 playered map.

Worse than everything.

Comment

I think we have all had the Karkand addiction my friend, you grow out of it I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                      Sharqui's 'Infantry only" 16 playered map is the most imbalanced map in this entire game. Worse than Operation Clean Sweep.

Worse than Wake Island.

Worse than Kubra Dam's 32 playered map.

Worse than everything.
                      Guess I was hinting around that, I really hate when a Sharqi 16 shows up in the rotation. I am like God, this sucks when Sharqi 64 is a glorious map. But really, Sharqi is kind of an imbalanced map also. I think if they took out the APC, it would almost balance the map fine. It gives the MEC just a hint more advantage. You almost never see the US win on Insomnia because when they loose that Cobra and their Arty, it is all over for them.

Sharqi 16 should not have had the uncap at the hotel, but at the surveillance point.

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
                      I think we have all had the Karkand addiction my friend, you grow out of it I guess
                      Yep, and some of us grow out of it quicker then others. I seem to avoid it like the plague. If it comes up in one of the 16 player servers I play on, I try to get it over as quick as possible instead of milking it for points. Go right to the back cap it, and get it over with.

Comment

The biggest problem with Sharqui in the 64 playered map, is that MEC gets three uncappables, when there are only 8 flags in the stage. Thats a very large advantage, considering that MEC would only need to capture ONE flag to stop the bleeding. Add this onto a large bonus in their initial tickets, and MEC starts up with the odds stacked in their favor.

The second biggest problem is that the flags are far too close together. This allows for the MEC helicopter to freely spawn rape without any real need to manuever around. It also allows for MEC people to 'sneak around' without having to really run all that far like they would on other maps... Usually the first flag to fall is the hotel, and the second would be the TV tower. After that, the rest is candy for MEC, and murder for USMC.

The tables turn on Sharqui 16 playered map though. MEC is stuck at the hotel with an uncappable. There are only three routes to go. Each one requires you to run through a guantlet of enemies with virtually zero cover, and multiple tight corridors. This makes it a slaughter on the MEC side.

Songhua Stalemate is very balanced in comparison. The boats are simple to use, there is plenty of cover, there is plenty of fog to make the small battlefield seem larger. There are plenty of routes to take... All in all, it comes down to whoever has the best flag-capping squads to win that one, since defending is too difficult to do in all that fog.

Comment

Yeah the trick is to split the USMC. God, I love Sharqi. Thing was, I always hated Songhua, now, I like it very much, even in full on map size. I would like to see a mod of Songhua without the fog. I bet it is a sweet map when it has a nice sunset sky.

Karkand, it is just so bland looking, and JBad is no better.

Comment

Battlefield 2 players are campers...

Campers lose on stages like Songhua where they can't lock down a narrow route. Thats why it's not a popular map.

Comment

dont know but it seems at karkland im always running into a freaking mine or claymore that magikly appeared behind my spawning point nevere fails..but im addicted to the map 2 pro why my death toll is pretty high:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X