avg on or off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avg on or off

Hi , just uninstalled mcafee ,and installed avg free.Just wondering if u guys leave your antivirus on or off while playing.

Re: avg on or off

i leave it, i dont notice it in the background as it wont use many resources

Comment

Same here. I run AVG and no problems

Comment

i use to turn off my anti-virus to get more ram for bf2 but sometimes i would forget to turn it back on and thats bad

also one thing is that i think there have been some reports (long time ago) where some servers' pics contained viruses so that would b bad

Comment

I agree with keeping it on. Your PC still is active on the desktop.

Just because you're off in Karkand doesn't mean your PC has gone with you.

Comment

That and if BF2 decides it needs more ram Windows will oblige and force as much as it can of any running processes onto the pagefile. That's the main reason it can take so long for Windows to become useable again after exiting the game.

Comment

Originally posted by John Edmo
              Same here. I run AVG and no problems
              yeah same here

the only time it pisses me off is when it does an update and im playing BF2

Comment

Originally posted by elstonieo
                yeah same here

the only time it pisses me off is when it does an update and im playing BF2
                Go into the settings and change the time when it checks for updates. Seeing as it only checks once a day (and not whenever the hell it feels like it), it shouldn't be too hard to pick a time when you aren't playing (I have it set to check between 4 and 6 am).

Comment

I also use AVG and always leave it running, it doesn't take up nearly the amount of resources as mcaffee or norton does.

Comment

I use NAV always on no problems.

Comment

only time i have a problem with my anti-virus is when it starts updatting but will only cause a bit of lay for 10 seconds

Comment

Working...
                      X