i know its asking alot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know its asking alot...

im sorry, but i just got an Idea into my head.(get a fire extigusher) how about a movie on BF2 about a demolishing company? i mean, u know 5,000 people will die, and there could be some halarious diolouge. the problem is, though...i dont know how to operate battlerecorder so it looks like a cameraman. also, i dont have a job and cant afford a server, nor do i know how to set 1 up or control it. so...i was wondering if the Sirs would lend me a passworded server, a couple of guys to do it, and some training with BR? i know its alot, but its all for a good cause. it would probably take place in Masture(dam, i cant spell) or songhua. please, i really want this to happen.

Re: i know its asking alot...

You would need a good script first. i doubt that they would just lend you the materials needed to create a movie unless they see potental in it. you could probably afford your own unranked server they are nto as expensive as ranked ones.

Coming up witha plot is one thing but writing a good script is hard and takes time.

Comment

Oooh good idea

*runs off with the idea and films it with the sir community, leaving you no credit* jk

Comment

dood idea

Comment

Couldnt you just load up a local server and get your friends to join ..

Comment

sounds funny.. not sure how the whole movie will turn out plotwise tho

ask a sir

Comment

just set up a lan party and use a lan server

Comment

you dont need to buy or rent or borrow a server, just dl the server files for bf2. set up ur router (if you have one) so that either your firewall is off or the comp that your running the server of of's ip is in the dmz (demilitarized zone). to do this just type in the gateway ip of the router (ie. 192.168.0.1) and then find dmz in your settings, you can also configure your firewall to allow certain ports open buts thats complicated and a pain in the ***. After your firewall is configured, just run the server software and set your ip as the one for the server and check the "internet" box. make sure battlerecorder is OFF. when you're ingame, minimize and type in demo.recorddemo [demoname] into the cmd looking server window. to stop the recording, type demo.stoprecording. the file will go into the program files, ea games, battlefield 2, mods, bf2, demos file. move it to the my documents, battlefield 2, profiles, default, demos file. when its in there, you can play the demo from ingame. you can then dl a program called battlelauncher to record camera movements and render the movie to an avi file. *caution* before you use the battlelauncher program, copy the gamelogicinit .con file in the mods, bf2 file. if you dont, then you will be forced to reinstall the game befor you can play online. just replace that file with your copied file when you are done using battlelauncher and you will be able to play online again without reinstalling.

there are more fancy ways of doing most of this stuff alowing you to use the ingame command screen to start/stop br, but they are kind of a pain in the ***. if you dont want to mess with the battlelauncher program and the .con file, you can just use fraps while your playing the bf file. however, unless you pay for it, you can only use fraps for 30 seconds at a time (so no long shots).

ps. id be glad to help you out with your movie, my xfire is flippydotcom

Comment

im getting the script done as we speak. its not bad, i think.

Comment

Make sure you add me.

Im the guy who lays mines for his teammates to run over. :<

Comment

Working...
                    X