Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi all, I'm on a different comp right now but my other one is messed up.
    Everytime I turn it on it says NTLDR is missing.
    And it just stays there untill I restart, and happens again.
    Anyone know whats wrong?

Re: Help

Google perhaps?

How to fix the NTLDR is missing error that occur when booting a Microsoft Windows computer.

Comment

Thanks. I'll probly just take it to a tech tho. I doubt I can fix it.

Comment

Nuke and pave.... or in layperson's terms... fresh install time or....

How to fix the NTLDR is missing error that occur when booting a Microsoft Windows computer.

Comment

All hope is not necessarily lost. Are there any discs is any of the drives? If so, the computer might be trying to boot from one of them and that disc may not be a bootable source. Solution: take all discs out.

If that doesn't apply or doesn't fix it, then xext you'll want to make sure it's trying to boot from the hard drive that the OS is installed on. Typically it will be something like "Press F8 for boot options" or whatever. The key to press depends on your BIOS, but just watch the BIOS stuff for a prompt similar to what I'm describing. You'll want to select the hard drive that your OS is on. Again, I can't tell you the exact option because it will be depend on your BIOS.

If neither of these fix your problem and these are the easiest to do IMO, then continue through the rest of the troubleshooting on the link that has already been posted. Most likely if one of the quick fixes doesn't work then something is seriously screwed up with Windows and your best bet is a fresh install like everyone else said, but it doesn't hurt to check if the IDE cables are secure, etc.

Last but not least, there is a support forum for a reason. That would be the appropriate place to post these kind of messages in the future.

Comment

You could always boot to the command prompt with a floppy and copy the NTLDR to your HDD or if you have your XP disc you could just boot with that and do a repair or you could do a System restore from a prompt.

Its a simple error, happens often, not the end of the world or your checking account. If you lived nearby I would do it for free....

Comment

Moved to support

Comment

Working...
              X