Bloody Connection!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Connection!!!!!

I'm having real problems with my connection... I have done a few bandwidth checks and speed is fine - no probs at all - BF2 server ping times are normal too - but when I enter a map on BF2 I get the "problem with your connection" message and then it just lags up really badly to a point where you can't actually move/shoot/talk - nothing... if they are kicking on ping then I will get booted...

I've tried repatching, full uninstall then patch, firewall off/on... Nothing works!

Any ideas?

Re: Bloody Connection!!!!!

using AMD or Intel

Wired or Wireless

Comment

Try updating ur sound and video card drivers and update punkbuster

Comment

if AMD try this

Intel try this

Comment

Huh?
          I don't have a dual core system... Intel P4 3.2

I don't understand why I would need to do this as it has been working perfectly for years until now...

Only thing that has changed on my system over the last few days is a few Windows security updates...

Its a wireless network.

Comment

Hi,

Wireless can be the problem !!
            If not try this :

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with the game.

We found that users with VIA motherboard chipsets for AMD and Intel CPUs will encounter crash or installation issues with the game. There is an update you'll want to get from VIA that addresses a few known issues with their systems in particular causing lockups and other issues in several high end games.

This page has info that you should look into as a possible resolution to your issue. If you should run into any trouble with installing these drivers, VIA has an Install guide and a Help Forum which should be able to guide you through the installation.

viaarena.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, viaarena.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Not having the correct VIA drivers could manifest itself in the form of a "Serious Error" message, and/or a blue screen crash.

Connection issues typically are caused by one or more ports being blocked by a firewall, router, or even your Internet Service Provider to help maintain security. These ports are the doorways used to send and recieve information between your computer and the server. You must configure your router/firewall to have the game's ports open in order to connect to the servers properly.

The ports for Battlefield 2 are as follows:

UDP ports:

1500-4999

TCP ports:

You may also need to have your Internet Service Provider open these ports for you. For help configuring a firewall or router you may need to refer to the manufacturer.

GameSpy has it's own requirements for ports. You may want to check the requirements listed in the Working Around the Firewall/Proxy section of their site.

Click here to go to GameSpy's firewall page.

Click here for further connection troubleshooting steps.
            http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eate … _sid ?>

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Marc C.
            EA Tech Support """""

hope it helps

Comment

why do people post that... you dont need to open any ports what so ever.

Comment

OK - this is Sh*thouse!

Now I have tried new audio drivers (onboard leadtek), and new video drivers (latest nVidia), new intel chipset drivers...

It now seems to run OK for a short while (a few minutes) then the ping goes up and I get "problems with your connection" or kicked...

Any other ideas?

System is;
                P4-3.2
                Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye
                1.5Gb Corsair DDR2 XMS2-5400
                XFX nVidia 6600GT 128Mb DDR3

Comment

Try updating punkbuster

Comment

Can you give me some pointers/links on how to do this?

I donwloaded the PB exe and put it in the PB directory in BF2 and ran it then added BF2 to the list - is this all I need to do?

I tried it for a short while last night and it may have worked but I didn't really play long enough to find out.

Comment

Hi SCINTO,

I have posted that because it's the asnwer form EA games to the problem I have raised " connecvtion problem". I don' t have a router and I don't need to open these ports , maybe you too , but it can help some guys !
                      So please don't criticize , give solutions if you have

Comment

Working...
                      X