Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POE Rant of the day

[RANT]

Now I am not saying this mod sucks, or a piece of crap. These guys have done well prior to developing this mod. Bit yet i still see a problem. POE2 is turning more into Battlefield 2, because of the jet overpwer, players are stat whoring, using the jets, and beggining to turn into the real Bf2. I am thinking that POE2 is best before the patch, where its mostlytanks and infantry. I played 1 map (before i crashed to the desktop) which had helicopters and jets. I joined a squad using a heli, we never taken off sucessfullyy, always getting killed by a jet, also WHen I was in a tank, sniper, i manage to get killed by a jet.

Re: POE Rant of the day

sorry ........but **** happens

i haven't touched vanilla since poe came out

jet overpower? right

and I didn't realize using jets were so horrible

stat whoring? yeah tehre are no stat tracking servers really so dunno what that's all about

Comment

I find that odd that you feel the air is more powerful now as we have made AA far more deadly, especially the missiles. There is not only static AA that is extremly lethal, but we also have stinger pick up kits, mobile AA platforms, and a host of vehicles in the air to bring them down.

You will get killed by something. Be it a plane, helo, or tank. If you play, it will happen. You might even get knifed a few times too. But there is a way to counter all of it. There are ways to defend and overcome the issues. No matter what kit or vehicle you pick, there will be something in the game that can and will kick your butt.

Comment

PoE2 has more air / ground balance than Vanilla ever has.

The best difference I find is that the air mainly balances out the armour rather than the infantry. This is a good thing. I hated the way the air in Vanilla was just a CP raping machine used to mow down infantry. The air in PoE2 is much less effective at camping CPs, since AA is so readily available. In turn, the air prevents the armour from raping the infantry and the abundant AA prevents the air from becoming too comfortable.

Remember that manning the AA effectively often requires teamwork. If you play on servers which lack teamwork and are full of lone wolves, you are likely to see less balance simply because the people either don't man the stationary AA or they use the mobile AA primarily against infantry.

Whenever my squad mans an AA vehicle or emplacement, I find that the pilots eventually get bored of getting shot down continuously and look for easier targets

Comment

I like to go eng or support and jump in a Shilka and follow a Tank around. If we can just get another tank in our group then we would be a serious force. Is that TEAMWORK!

Comment

There's a lot more teamwork in POE thanks to the lack of stats (kiddies aren't interested in playing unless they get their precious medals). So I don't mind sitting in an AA gun the whole round and keeping the choppers on the ground. You'll see the same with guys maning the shilka... you may not get the high points, but you help your team (plus it's fun killing arrogant pilots, because I can't fly!).

I'm only so-so on the quality of stinger but that's mainly due to a lack of experience with it. To bad it's not a standard kit like in DC.

Comment

New release = well balanced air power - Got the 2nd high score in Luisk last night by just using the Gepard (sp?) - aircraft and helis falling like rain

Great thing also, is that cos the whores from the original release are getting shot down more = more aircraft on the runways for more clever pilots like me - finished 3rd the next round and 2nd highest kills in the frogger - taken down by the eurofighter once and by aa 4 times. 1st and 2nd place were taken by ground pounders.

Comment

Working...
              X