really loooong loading times for maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really loooong loading times for maps

ok so my problem is a pretty basic one, im looking for any advice on how to fix it

basically whenever i join a server and start loading up a map, it takes unusually long to load a map, its like 3-6 minutes on average to load a map

that might not sound like a lot but its enough to be a pain in the *** so that i try to play 24/7 maps as much as i can

and the thing is it will take say 3 min to load the map itself, then another 3 min just verifying the client data (or w/e it says)

now its been like this ever since i bought battlefield 2 and im not sure, does it take everyone what seems like an eternity to load up a map? i know not everyone it takes that long cuz whenever i finally load the map people are already in the server playing and capturing flags, which is why im concerned about that theres something wrong

my specs arent bad so i doubt its my computer, could be my internet cuz its wireless, but idk i usually never lag in games except when i first enter the map

Processor: Pentium D 3.2 ghz
    Ram: 1 gb
    HDD: 250 gb
    Video card: Radeon x850 xt

Re: really loooong loading times for maps

first..update PB and that should help with ur verifying content loading...and u need more ram...im guessing u play on all high with ur video card, and with only one gig....the loading times u have sound about right

Comment

I have the problem too, it's because my computer doesn't fit the specs

Comment

Overclock your CPU , loose up memory timings , get faster HDD for games 34gb Raptor will do it, defrag your HDD , there are lot of ways.

Comment

More Ram!!!

Comment

i only ask this because battlefield 2 is the only game that has this problem, all the other games i have load up in seconds, games like

doom 3, quake 4, hl2, css

Comment

clear old shader caches > load a map > defrag the drive

thats the most basic thing you can do, yes the PB update may work but ur PC still has to find the files to verify.

Comment

something cheep and easy (free actualy) update your vid card drivers, some drivers have a slow loading time

Comment

Working...
                X