The Future of Dice and BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Dice and BF2

Let me first say its not one of those is BF2 dead threads.

As much as i love playing BF2 im not to concerned/invloved/aware of DICE and which section (Canada, Sweden) does what etc.

But a last week or so there was a few posts indicating that EA had shut down one of the sections, or even both (Canada, Sweden).

Now im thinking, If Dice are now not on the EA payroll (unless there are some agreements) do you think that they will make up a new MOD like they did with Desert Combat (assuming it was them that made that mod) As we all know these guys are good at what they are doing (just like at Desert Combat)

Even though at the end of the day, its EA's engine, do you think now they can sit back without pressure and tweak the engine and some of the issues we are facing (if they would access to it).

In the new patch (1.4) it was obvious that Dice was under the pump to get it out as little simple things like the spawn names not finished off without putting on the proper labels etc.

It could be a far cry to have EA let Dice work on the engine but we could only dream.

Or now that they have free time on their hands, just load up 2142 and play around the clock =P

Thanks.

Re: The Future of Dice and BF2

It's all about money, and whether resources that are invested into the game return a profit or loss.

When the trickle of money stops flowing from BF2, resources will be spent on the next big game. If DICE ever come off EA's payroll, then it's more likly they would discard BF2 completly rather than tweak it. Again it's a money thing. The money has to come from somewhere.

Comment

Isn't the team behind DC now making Frontlines Fuel of War?

Would be really funny if the Dice guys who got sacked, made a BF beater, using the new UT engine; as I think EA have also brought rights to use it

Scort.

Comment

one sure thing,the future of these guys guys is compromised with 2142,a bugged sci-fi game that will be beaten by quake wars !!quake wars beeing the hot knife and ea/dice the cold butter ..

Comment

I thought that EA bought out dice? And the Canadian section did the patching, and the swedish section builds the games? Right?

Comment

Working...
          X