Restriction: Inadequate O/S privlages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restriction: Inadequate O/S privlages

Please help, i joined a server last week, i played for about 5 seconds then the message inadequate O/S privlages came up after punkbuster kiked me, i am the computer administrator as its my pc, i have played bf2 online with no problem before, i have used every anti virus and spyware detectors available and nothing has come up, as well as using ad-aware to make sure there is no adware on my pc, i have been in contact with punkbuster support and we are tryin to resolve this, but its taking a very long time, if any one has any suggestions that could help i would be greatful,

Ps i have tried reinstalling my game.

thanks

Re: Restriction: Inadequate O/S privlages

have you tried updating Punkbuster, use its PBsetup program (sorry cant give you the link PB sites blocked)

Comment

Are you running Vista??

Comment

Please give us more information!!! What is your rig set up, and what OS are you using?

Comment

to answer ur question, no i am not running vista, my rig is pentium 4 3Ghz HT, 2GB Ram, 1MB cache, ati 256mb xt660x with 180gb hard drive.

Comment

have u tried vx2finder?

and someone else mentioned where u find ur bf2 icon on ur desktop and right click on it and go to run as..and then select administrator...

Comment

Just so you know i have installed and run the vx2 finder, this programme has found nothing wrong, it is showing no infected files or extra files tht need to be deleted.

Do you think that pehaps creating a new administrator account will help?

i run as the admin on my old account but if i create a new admin account will that work????

Comment

did you try updating PB?

Comment

yes i have still nothin

Comment

PLEASE help i have had no luck myself and punkbuster arn't helpin any more...

Comment

Are you the administrator on your system?

Comment

one thing you have all forgot is this: if your running vista, there is no chance in hell you can play battlefield 2 because it isnt designed for games and it is still beta wich means it is still being tested for problems. also the only way to play it is turning off ya sercurity center witch will give ya viruses so i wont say but ill give ya the the site address,

i warned you so if you get viruses dont blame me.:|:

Comment

Originally posted by shuunu
                          one thing you have all forgot is this: if your running vista, there is no chance in hell you can play battlefield 2 because it isnt designed for games and it is still beta wich means it isnt ready for use yet. also the only way to play it is turning off ya sercurity center witch will give ya viruses so i wont say but ill give ya the the site address,

i warned you so if you get viruses dont blame me.:|:
                          im sorry to burst your bubble, but people can quite happily play BF2 on Vista RC1, and you dont have to turn off the whole security centre just the action tips option under user settings.

the OP isnt using vista. and this is an old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic17
                            Just so you know i have installed and run the vx2 finder, this programme has found nothing wrong, it is showing no infected files or extra files tht need to be deleted.

Do you think that pehaps creating a new administrator account will help?

i run as the admin on my old account but if i create a new admin account will that work????
                            if u do create a new account, ur cd key wont transfer, so u prob would need to reinstall BF2

Comment

Demonic17 did you try a system restore point that is before the date you ran into this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X