How Do I Fix My VOIP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Fix My VOIP?

I just bought a new headset yesterday so I can talk to my teammates using VOIP. I plug it in and test it using the Microsoft Sound Recorder and everything works fine. When I go into BF2, I turn on VOIP and go into a game. In game, I try talking to my sqadmates and they can't hear me when I talk. The green icon also comes up. I don't know what's wrong. Can anybody help me?

Re: How Do I Fix My VOIP?

Ensure mic boost is clicked and run the mic test in game.

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
      Ensure mic boost is clicked and run the mic test in game.
      It won't let me check the mic boost box.

Comment

Is it selected in windows control panel?
        Also, are you using a sound card or onboard sound?

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
          Is it selected in windows control panel?
          Also, are you using a sound card or onboard sound?
          It is selected in the windows control panel, and I am using onboard sound.

Comment

Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 and then find and run BF2VoiceSetup and be sure to enable and configure the capture level make sure its all the way down so it can pick up the lowest sounds

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
              Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 and then find and run BF2VoiceSetup and be sure to enable and configure the capture level make sure its all the way down so it can pick up the lowest sounds
              I went to this and the program wasn't even showing that I was talking. When I go to the Windows Sound Devices, it shows that I am talking. I am running Windows Vista RC1 by the way. Could that have to do with it?

Comment

It might....I don't know much about vista and bf2 though :hmm: .

Comment

Go to start control panel Sounds and Audio devices and then go to Voice click volume turn them all up on voice playback and voice recording

Comment

I had this problem (everything was set to where it was supposed to be) -- turned out that if you're using a Dell, their OEM version of SoundBlasterLive has an unfixable flaw that prevents mike use. If, in fact, this describes you (using a Dell with SBL) I have good news. If you go to the Dell support forums and contact the moderator, he'll get you a new Creative X-Fi soundcard. Problem fixed. Not only that, you can then switch to the ultra setting in the audio section of BF2. Calling Dell and asking for this exchange will apparently get you nowhere, but this pro-active moderator will get it done, and quick, too. Let me know if this is your situation (Dell with an SBL) and I'll give you a link.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have a Dell. I have a custom computer. I'm just sure why it won't work when I can record w/ my mic in the operating system's voice recorded but I can't talk to my teammates in BF2.

Comment

I also have vista and am also having the same problem.

I can get my mic working in windows however BF voip does not detect it at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X