• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 2142 crush bf2

i reckon 2142 shouldnt be relesed yet cause i havent played 4 long

Re: Will 2142 crush bf2

Hell no it wont crush it.

I imagine it to be something along the lines of Special Forces; more like an expensive mod with sucky tech support but will still have a good amount of followers and good for a little fun.

Comment

I wasn't too impressed with the 2142 demo. Don't even get Bunglow_Bill/Planewhore started with 2142 problems....he has long list lol.

Comment

i think so but it will take a while...

Comment

The whole idea of a futuristic version of BF2 doesn't really interest me and I'm sure there must be a whole butt load of people out there that think the same... so I don't think BF2142 will be as popular or take over from BF2... I hope.

Comment

I dunno, bf 2 is prolly gonna keep it ol' school

Comment

Originally posted by ~B|itZk|2i3G~
              The whole idea of a futuristic version of BF2 doesn't really interest me and I'm sure there must be a whole butt load of people out there that think the same... so I don't think BF2142 will be as popular or take over from BF2... I hope.
              I'm definitely in that butt load of people. Played the demo, not my cup of tea to be honest. I'm not into mechs or futuristic stuff like that, but I can imagine for someone who is, they would like 2142. I prefer the more current day environments in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by yehaaa7
                i think so but it will take a while...
                ur avatar sucks so much.....not funny at all

i havent playedf the demo yet, but i think it wont crush it becuase bf2 still kicks *** aslong as dice doesnt completely forget about it...i.e. release a few more patches, some new maps or something

Comment

Why would you buy BF2142 when BF2 is not fixed.

If BF2 were a consumer product like TV,VCR, CAR and ETC there would be a big recall on a defective product. EA/DICE still hasn't fixed alot of issues pertaining to balance issues. I'm certainly NOT BUYING BF2142. They think this PROMO crap is gonna work. Remember WORD OF MOUTH is better than company advertising.

Comment

Yea, I agree! They need to fix that freezing sh!t....

Comment

I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by kill_harry_NZ
                        i reckon 2142 shouldnt be relesed yet cause i havent played 4 long
                        BF 2142 will be a huge failure. They dumbed all of the important aspects of the game down from BF2.

#1. The planes are noob proofed. There is no skill to flying them and the A2A system is pathetic. One of the great pleasures of BF2 is learning to become or flying with a great pilot--this has been removed and with it a great deal of game depth.

#2. Infantry tactics have been simplified. In BF2, how and the order that you react when you confront an enemy determines who will win. In 2142 each class has hard coded in specific styles that are not compatible with other classes (support comes to mind first in BF2142).

#3. All heavy vehicles have substandard weaponry. Should a single foot soldier be able to bring down a giant mech? This is easily accomplished in BF2142. In BF2 you typically need several players to attack and destroy a tank. Maps should be balanced by limiting the number of vehicles. Vehicles should not be adjusted drastically to balance maps (too bad dice screwed up the black hawk in BF2 to balance Mashataur City and failed to learn from their mistake).

In essence, all of the game depth that kept my attention on BF2 has been removed to create a game that requires little thought or practice.

Rocker

Comment

maybe you make some sense rocker, perhaps they just don't care and they just want to release stuff and eat some money lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by DaRqUe?
                            ur avatar sucks so much.....not funny at all
                            i did

i was considering cancelling my BF2142 preorder after playing 2142 Demo, didnt really enjoy the map it gave and now im bored of verdun

Comment

Originally posted by TRAJIK
                              I dunno, bf 2 is prolly gonna keep it ol' school
                              Old school is BF1942
                              Just as BFV didn't extinguish BF1942, neither will BF2142 kill BF2. I wouldn't want to predict the time BF2 has left in it, but BF1942 has been around for a loooong time, and there are still plenty of servers to play on at any hour. So no, BF2.142 will not put BF2 out.

Comment

Working...
                              X