The real leader board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The real leader board

I really liked the way BFtracks did it for 1942.. I wish EA would move to that kind of combined stat model instead of the Highest Global Score thingy.

Plus it was reset each month (with Vet bonus) so your first months of play didn't hold you back later.

Comment

Personally, I don't care about the scores of others. Way too many variables.

I am interested in my own stats and the stats of my friends...but that's about it.

Way too many cheaters and way too much stat padding (especially in the early days) and way too many kids with too much spare time for stats to really mean anything in this game.

Comment

@ Talus.

Do you care about forum posts then? =)

The guys on the leaderboard(s) care about points - and not the fun..

Comment

I guess I don't understand your question...

If you're talking about post count, then no..I also don't care about that either (we have a lot of pointless spammers here)

I just happen to have the highest post-count because I spent about a year helping people in the support forum. And in a game as buggy as BF2, that amounts to a heckuva lotta posts.

Sorry about the off-topic...we can get back on track now

Comment

Problem with the GameSlave board is they put way too much emphasis on KDR and don't distinguish between vehicle and infantry KDR. I remember when my PlaneWhore account was active with that super high KD ratio I was over a rating of 20. You've also got way too many newbie Karkand/IO whores up on that list and while you can get a very nice KDR and SPM doing that it isn't a very good judge of skill. I only take people seriously who have balanced playstyle out of IO mode on more than 1 or 2 maps.

This website does a much better job of ranking differing categories but still has flaws:

http://www.statpadder.com/cgi-bin/bf...t=vpos&start=0

That'll take you to the overall vehicle summary where you can see me pwning it up!

Comment

So at the end of the story I think I can fairly say the leaderboard the OP posted is crap. A leaderboard where Volx almost is #1 on isn't a good leaderboard well if it was Grenade Ranking then ok. But in this case Volx is just a nade spammer.

Comment

Just a bunch of deadbeats.

What am I going to do with some one who's got zero hours at DV, Kubra and Fushee Pass?

How good of a squad member are they going to be when I say:

"Spawn at docks at outset, we'll try making a quick strike at River., if we get river we'll defend if from the first few attempts as the oppostition tries to take it back. Then move on to Farm so we don't get ambushed on the way to Wood. We need Wood early to keep their attack chopper less active".

GO!!!!

Then they say:

"huh"?

Everybody's new, and every map is a learning process, but if you spend your first 50 hours at Karkand racking up these pointless anomalistic stats just to qualify for a very narrowly defined leader board, and don't spend a single hour at other maps, how good of a team mate could you be?

I mean even a few rounds and you start to get the lay out of the larger maps. But zero hours? I with Talus, the stats and how they are acheived are so varied they mean nothing except to yourself and maybe your close freinds. But one stat that can be fairly representitive is " time played". Zero hours played on a map, means just that.

These players are useless to me and anyone who tries to play as a good teamate.

Deadbeats, every last one of them.

A criteria was set, and they altered their game play to fit into that paricular tiny niche, and did it in relatively few hours played.

Like any leaderboard in BF2, and this one especially shows it with true colors, they all don't mean squat.

Comment

what is the criteria for rating people?

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                    This website does a much better job of ranking differing categories but still has flaws:

http://www.statpadder.com/cgi-bin/bf...t=vpos&start=0
                    nice site.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Ok.... PlaneWhore has like a billion accounts! It is weird... on the forum in the game, what are all fo your accounts for each. Bungalow_Bill.... I have played with him, is he you? This just really confuses me, he is a member of sR, and other weird things. Chris Redfield are you Planewhore as well? For now I will jus call you the Dark One.... whoever the **** you are........

Comment

Working...
                      X